Pre-Ordering 4S from Verizon Wireless online tmr

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kjay80, Oct 6, 2011.

1. kjay80 macrumors regular

i am gonna try to pre-order iphone 4s tmr on verizon wireless online, and have couple questions.
    1) you think ppl will rush in to sign up for preorder online? traffic?
    2) if i get the preorder, do I get the phone on the 14th, release date?
    3) i am currently a blackberry user with an unlimited plan. Can I still keep the same plan for an iphone?
    I heard I could, but verizon might force to choose a new tiered plan?

thanks

2. 00trayn macrumors member

1) you think ppl will rush in to sign up for preorder online? traffic?
    I'd suspect so, although it might not be as bad as in the past since people will be preordering from 3 different carriers and Apple all at the same time, spreads out the load. But anticipate a slow website.

2) if i get the preorder, do I get the phone on the 14th, release date?
    I think that's the idea, people tend to receive it that day, some even reported getting it a day earlier when the iphone 4 came out on AT&T
    3) i am currently a blackberry user with an unlimited plan. Can I still keep the same plan for an iphone?
    I heard I could, but verizon might force to choose a new tiered plan?
    My sister was able to switch from unlimited blackberry data to unlimited droid data. I don't think it matters what phone you're coming from, the unlimited data is still on your plan.

3. kjay80 thread starter macrumors regular

i was just worried about being forced to change to a tiered plan because i remember choosing a plan option, possibly not showing to keep the current plan, instead pick a new tiered one.

4. haticK macrumors 6502a

haticK

Says right on Verizon's website on the 4S page that you keep unlimited data.