pre-ordering albums w/iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by FortWorthMac, Sep 20, 2010.

1. FortWorthMac macrumors 6502a

Hey all,

While I have purchased albums before via iTunes tonight was the first time I think I have ever pre-orded an entire album. I guess since it had pre-order only material on it. Call me a sucker.....

Anyway, my question is, tonight after midnight do I just go in and download it or will iTunes download it automatically?

I like with new releases they are available at midnight on iTunes just not sure how I will get a new releases I just pre-ordered.

Thanks

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

they'll email you and let you know when its ready, or it might download automatically if iTunes is open and you're surfing the store etc.

the pre-orders are usually (at least in my experiences) available before midnight. typically around 10-11pm Central time i get an email. guessing thats when they're in the process of updating the store. but your best bet is to wait for that notification.

also of note, if you don't have it set in preferences to automatically download available content then you'll definitely have to wait for the availability notification.

sorry if that was at all confusing.

3. FortWorthMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nope, thanks for the info.

I am leaving for a part time gig in about 30 minutes and will be back in about 5 hours. I have iTunes running and ensured the box is checked to automatically download new content (it was). Hopefully when I get home or at least when I get up tomorrow it will have downloaded.

Regards
    David