Pre Ordering an iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Tulipone, Mar 26, 2010.

1. Tulipone macrumors 6502

Hi,

Has the Apple Store stopped accepting orders through local stores? It may just be me, but I cannot seem to reserve on line - was it always like this or have they stopped it?

Chris

2. gwynne macrumors 68000

gwynne

I haven't seen anyone else mention this. What is the point of failure you are hitting? I remember some people mentioning problems with the Apple site not populating the stores list after you select your state in the drop-down, that was a while ago though.

Edit: I notice you list your location as the UK; where are you trying to pre-order from? I don't think EU pre-orders are up yet.

3. markosb macrumors 6502

markosb

4. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

You can still reserve. However the drop down menu with the stores took a long time to load so at first I thought it only had the "Find the nearest store with our Apple Retail Store Locator" link.

5. jah5869 macrumors newbie

I am still a bit nervous about the in-store pickup...I only reserved mine a few days ago and was wondering the same thing.

-John
    http://ipadcorral.com

6. puppyflightclub macrumors 6502

what do you guys think about the availability across the US on release date?

think alot will be walking out empty handed from lack of supplies apple couldnt get?

7. Zethca macrumors regular

I haven't been able to preorder one since they made it available. It might be my browser, I haven't looked into it much. When I click my state (Pennsylvania) The store dropdown just says "select a store" and never populates with local apple stores. I placed an order online and I think I can wait an extra few hours for the delivery and not have to worry about not getting one when I go to sleep next Friday night :D

8. puppyflightclub macrumors 6502

did you use google chrome?

9. kyleaa macrumors regular

I can confirm that it definitely doesn't work in Chrome... I was freaking out on the 12th for a few minutes until I switched to IE (work computer).

10. puppyflightclub macrumors 6502

yeahhh :) thats why I asked.

are you on a mac too? my safari worked fine, didnt try firefox. mac seems to have issues with firefox.

11. Tulipone thread starter macrumors 6502

Thats what holidays in the USA are all about - buying new technology and showing off when I get back home! Will try Safari now...

...and now works. Saves me being grumpy for a couple of weeks. I suspect that my wife would kill me if she knew why we are on holiday a few weeks before we intended!

12. teddychu macrumors newbie

Did you recived the confirmation mail?

13. Zethca macrumors regular

I just preodered today. Can't this feature be abused heavily? I got a confirmation email and I'll be there about an hour before opening, I'm guessing that will help guarantee me a device