Pre-ordering from Apple's website...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AmazingTechGeek, Sep 8, 2016.

1. AmazingTechGeek macrumors 6502

AmazingTechGeek

How likely would I be to successfully pre-order my iPhone 7 for 9/16 delivery on the Apple Store if I got up after right midnight?

2. abdulkar.im macrumors 65816

abdulkar.im

Is it midnight though? In the UK they start at 08:01

3. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

No one is going to be able to tell you with any certainty. It's all dependent on the phone, the storage and the color you are ordering and more importantly the stock.

4. abdulkar.im macrumors 65816

abdulkar.im

Yep, best get on there as quick as possible, preferably via the app if possible. I'll have both app and desktop refreshing....

5. smallfox macrumors newbie

Everyone seems to be going for one of the black options, for that reason I'm going for a different colour and hope they have enough

6. abdulkar.im macrumors 65816

abdulkar.im

Go for what you really want, not what is less popular. They're too expensive to do that!

7. smallfox macrumors newbie

True! Once the case goes on it doesn't make much odds

8. jgelin macrumors 6502a

jgelin

Last year the demand for the Space Grey iPhone 6s+ on Tmobile was through the roof, usually this is the color most people choose as it has the black bezel. Having TWO black color models this year should allow them to split some of the load between them and let them ship quicker.

9. abdulkar.im macrumors 65816

abdulkar.im

Indeed, but when you're all wrapped up in bed at night wanting to caress some naked you'll have a little bit of you regretting that decision...

10. CrimsonKnight macrumors 6502

CrimsonKnight

I haven't ordered right as it is released for the past few years and have been fine. Since than, I have been ordering at Sprint.com because I do the the lease program. I usually order it about 6am MDT in the Morning and have gotten my phone on release day.

11. smallfox macrumors newbie

That's too funny :):):)

12. poose22 macrumors member

I've read a lot of people saying to use the App instead of the website to pre-order. just curious why that is? does it work faster?

13. abdulkar.im macrumors 65816

abdulkar.im

The website usually struggles under the pressure, so the app as well covers all bases. Also, you can do what I have done in the app.... Save your desired model as a favourite so you just go to the account tab and you'll see a big picture of your chosen one for a single click to get in and buy...