Pre-ordering iPhone 4 right now?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheAppleGeek, Jun 16, 2010.

1. TheAppleGeek macrumors 6502a

Is it worth the hassle to pre-order the iPhone 4 on Apple.com right now, or should I just wait to get the phone somewhere else.

2. snoozingpug macrumors newbie

3. TheAppleGeek thread starter macrumors 6502a

Fixed.

4. snoozingpug macrumors newbie

Is it really a hassle to pre-order right now? How long have you been trying? I was able to reserve one via the apple app yesterday but it went down before i could reserve my husbands. Last night around 11pm i was able to pre order his through the apple site on my first try (7/2 delivery though). You can just try a few times before deciding to go elsewhere.

5. TheAppleGeek thread starter macrumors 6502a

I decided against it. The shipping date was July 14th, and quite honestly, I'd much rather wait in a store, even without a reservation, and pick an iPhone up.

6. cooljoe349 macrumors regular

cooljoe349

7. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

I couldn't reserve on the 15th, so I'm just gonna wait in line, I'll probably go a little early.

8. pab277 macrumors regular

i figured i had a better chance waiting in line for a few hours rather than wait a month. I live in a relatively small town (50,000), so I'm sure I'm bound to find one at either at&t, wal-mart, or radio shack.

9. ChocolateApple macrumors 6502

ChocolateApple

I ordered one for my mom today, casually, on Apple.com, and got it for a mid-July delivery -- no worries. Just do it unless you WANT to camp out.