Pre Ordering Iphone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ansabakhan, Jun 8, 2010.

1. ansabakhan macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

i have never pre-ordered a phone before, how dose this work? when june 17th pre-ordering starts do i sign up for the AT&T service at the same time? or do i wait till i get the phone delivered?

i want to port my phone number from Verizon and am not sure how this pre-ordering will work regarding getting service

thanks

2. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

Go to apple.com. Sign up for the email that they'll send you as a reminder to pre order your iPhone when pre order is available. That easy. Pick it up, on the 24th.

3. cfairbank macrumors 6502

Question on in store pick-up. My understanding is if you pre order for in-store pick up they do not charge you for the phone till pick up, yet reserve an iPhone for you. Not sure if I am using the right word here but do they guarantee a phone for you at the store. I am not able to arrive till later on the release day and for them to run out prior to arrival

4. ansabakhan thread starter macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

but when do i sign up for AT&T service ? do i do that at AT&T store ? or would there by details in the package when i receive iphone 4?

5. alent1234 macrumors 603

apple will do a credit check and sign you up for AT&T automatically. they won't let you order an iphone without pre-approving you for AT&T

6. ansabakhan thread starter macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

hummm so that means i can sign up for at&t service while per-ordering iphone... and my billing would start on 24th

7. jrm27 macrumors 6502

So.. here's a scenario...

I live about 120 miles from the nearest apple store, and about 100 from the nearest ATT store. Can I preorder online and have it delivered to me?

8. sparrky macrumors 6502a

sparrky

Is that correct? Does billing start when you order or when you activate?

9. ansabakhan thread starter macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

that's what i want to know too ! when i activate service am i dealing with at&t or apple straight?

10. ItsThatKush macrumors regular

11. D3lta macrumors 6502a

Everything is done through Apple's website. If you're new to AT&T, you will choose your minutes plan, data plan, texting plan and whether you want to transfer your number or get a new one. You can have the phone shipped to your house, and activate it through iTunes; that's if they don't make any changes from last years launch.

https://buyiphone.apple.com/WebObje...reAuthAction/homePage?product=MB717LL/A&sf=us

12. stylinexpat macrumors 6502a