Pre ordering iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by metzy25, Sep 21, 2011.

1. metzy25 macrumors 6502a

metzy25

i haven't decided if i will pre order the iPhone 5 or if I will wait in line for it. If i ended up pre ordering i will be adding a phone too my line, will they be able too make a new line for me while I'm pre ordering the phone?

2. metzy25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

metzy25

By doing this do you think that I will run of time too pre order it? online might be backed up.

3. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

All you can do is keep trying.

4. ap3604 macrumors 68000

You think its gonna be backed up online? Wait till you go try to buy one in person... :p

5. bgribin macrumors regular

Online will be backed up but so will stores on release day. It's totally up to you but I've been able to pre-order iPhones and iPads for release day delivery just fine online. You just keep trying and you'll get it - also, the system has gotten better over the years.

6. metzy25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

metzy25

so just keep refreshing the page until it works?

----------

also do you know if you can use a debit card too pre-order?

7. bgribin macrumors regular

1. Yeah, you'll get it. With the iPhone 4, the page was up and stable after a few minutes. From what I recall, it was pretty early in the morning. But if you're there right away, you should be good.

2. Yep, I've done that. Works fine.

8. metzy25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

metzy25

alright cool thanks for the help, I will be trying early in the morning so hopefully I can get it. do you have the option of picking it up at the apple store or recieving it at your house?

9. bgribin macrumors regular

In the past, you've been able to reserve a phone for in-store pickup (without paying ahead of time) or order one for home release day delivery.

10. katana92 macrumors member

katana92

im just worried about teething problems. so i will wait for 1-2 months atleast and then buy it.

cant wait to read IP5 users reviews :)