Pre-ordering iPhone 7/7+ through Best Buy?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by benboy12, Sep 8, 2016.

1. benboy12 macrumors regular

I pre-ordered my iPhone 6 through Best Buy a couple of years ago because they were offering a gift card special for trading in an iPhone 5 or newer. However, I don't see any specials advertised on their site. In fact, they don't even list the time that pre-orders begin. I am a Verizon customer, and I don't see any pre-order specials on there either. It seems like only T-Mobile, Sprint, and AT&T are offering any specials.

Anyone else looking to pre-order through Best Buy?

2. lsutigerfan1976 macrumors 68020

I was curious about this also. I think if I go through Best Buy. I may have to wait longer for the phone. But if they had a deal like get the phone there, and get a Best Buy gift card also. I would wait for the phone, just for the Best Buy gift card.

3. benboy12 thread starter macrumors regular

When I got my iPhone 6, it was available on launch day when the store opened.

4. lsutigerfan1976 macrumors 68020

Yeah but I was more curious of if there were any extra incentive for ordering and doing a device payment plan through them. They usually give you a gift card, or some other incentives to do it through them.

5. benboy12 thread starter macrumors regular

That is what I was waiting on as well. When I got my 6, you were guaranteed at least a $200 gift card for your 5 (which was more than you could get when you completed a normal trade in at the time), plus a data bonus offered by Verizon at the time.

6. lsutigerfan1976 macrumors 68020

Yeah I just check the site. I don't see any deals going if you go through them. Other than trading your phone in. But I can get more selling mine than trading it in. So it looks like I will stick with the Apple Store.

7. ciscomata Suspended

ciscomata

I work for Best Buy Mobile and I'm wondering the same thing..

8. Kemonsterr macrumors 6502

Kemonsterr

In my 3 years working in Best Buy Mobile, their pre-orders ALWAYS get pushed back. Apple gets first dibs of the phones and usually we had people waiting 2-12 weeks for a phone that they pre-ordered. Occasionally Best Buy gets the phones in randomly. If they get any phones on launch day they're usually the least desirable ones. I learned my lesson working and witnessing that I should just order from Apple. To each their own and some people might have more luck than others!

Good luck!!

9. shox2k2 macrumors 6502

Last year for Black Friday target and Best Buy they offered 200 for new lines of service. Later they also offered for trade ins and even for new agreements. I don't think I can wait that long. My Touch ID hasn't worked in over a year and I'm ready to upgrade from the 6