Pre-ordering iPhone 7 from apple.com WITHOUT carrier

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Raunien, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Raunien macrumors 6502

Hi everyone,

I've looked through the threads, but couldn't reach a conclusion. My question is:

Will I be able to preorder a verizon iPhone 7 from apple.com on Sept 9th without having a verizon account?

Thanks!

2. jchiou macrumors 6502

jchiou

3. Raunien thread starter macrumors 6502

4. briloop macrumors newbie

Could a Cricket (GSM network - same as T-Mobile) customer pre-order a T-Mobile phone, throw away the T-Mobile SIM card, and put in Cricket SIM card? Or does Apple require pre-order customers to prove that they customers of one of the big four (Verizon, ATT, Sprint, or T-Mobile?

5. Phil Holland macrumors regular

Phil Holland

I'm wondering the same thing specifically this.

Can you order a Verizon iPhone using iPhone upgrade program WITHOUT having a Verizon account?

6. stephen1108 macrumors 65816

The iPhone Upgrade Program is dependent on having an account with one of the four major carriers.

Which is stupid in my eyes considering they still do a hard credit check, and you're financing through Apple's bank of choice.

The only phone you can buy outright, with no carrier check in place is T-Mobile.

7. james92se macrumors 6502a

8. krizko macrumors regular

I am also interested in this if anyone knows. It seems so far, from the best I can tell, I may have to sign up for new Verizon service in order to finance a phone through the AUP but I can then cancel service thereafter as there would be no contract? I'm assuming this would not effect the Apple finance of the phone, but am unsure.

The phone should also be unlocked as it is Verizon.

Any more clarification would help greatly!

9. Phil Holland macrumors regular

Phil Holland

Thanks

10. krizko macrumors regular

Anyone have any knowledge on the ability to sign up for new service w/ AUP financing attached to it?