Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jervasio

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2016
Hello,
I'm thinking about pre-ordering the iPhone Xs but It's my first time so I have a couple questions:

1) Is the money withdrawn immediately once it's pre-ordered tomorrow? Or only when is shipped/available at the store?
2) When I have pre-ordered the phone is it guaranteed that the phone is available on the September 21st when I go to an Apple store? and is it in any Apple store or do I have to select at the time of the pre-order?
(I'm asking because I'm only in the US till the 23rd)

Thanks in advance for clearing the doubts! ;)

OriginalAppleGuy

Suspended
Sep 25, 2016
Virginia
You are charged when it ships.

When you pre-order, you will be told when it is estimated to ship. If it looks like it is going to ship later than you want it, you can go wait in line at an Apple store and try to get one then. If there is, you can cancel your order.

Reactions: Jervasio

slippery-pete

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2007
Hello,
I'm thinking about pre-ordering the iPhone Xs but It's my first time so I have a couple questions:

1) Is the money withdrawn immediately once it's pre-ordered tomorrow? Or only when is shipped/available at the store?
2) When I have pre-ordered the phone is it guaranteed that the phone is available on the September 21st when I go to an Apple store? and is it in any Apple store or do I have to select at the time of the pre-order?
(I'm asking because I'm only in the US till the 23rd)

Thanks in advance for clearing the doubts! ;)
1-“hold” is put on funds. Usually removed in 3 days, permanent charge when shipped
2-depends. If you get preorder in, it will depend on when you did. That will drive if you get on release day or not

Jervasio

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2016
You are charged when it ships.

When you pre-order, you will be told when it is estimated to ship. If it looks like it is going to ship later than you want it, you can go wait in line at an Apple store and try to get one then. If there is, you can cancel your order.

Thanks for the reply. And is it possible to pre-order a in store pick up? So it's faster and you don't have to wait till it ships?

slippery-pete

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2007
Thanks for the reply. And is it possible to pre-order a in store pick up? So it's faster and you don't have to wait till it ships?
Phone will ship before release day, so you’ll receive on release day. You can pick up in store if you want,but it’s 6 of 1, half dozen of another. Assuming both are available to order for release day.

Jervasio

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2016
OK, so if I order as pre order opens, I'll receive it on launch date aka 21st, right?

Thanks

Jervasio

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2016
Since I'm not home all day on the 21st, is there a way to control the time when the package arrives? (So it arrives when I'm home)

Pipper99

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
Since I'm not home all day on the 21st, is there a way to control the time when the package arrives? (So it arrives when I'm home)

Register for a free UPS My Choice account (assuming it's delivered by UPS: FedEx also has a similar account that you can get). You can request the carrier (probably UPS) to hold it for pickup at a Customer Center, and you'll likely be able to pick it up on delivery day. If you have it sent to another location like a UPS store. pickup will likely be delayed a day. If you're having it delivered to a residence, you may be able to pay extra for a narrower delivery timeframe, but I'm not positive about it.

Jervasio

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2016
It shows that in store pickup is only available for a store which is very far away from me. Is there a public place where I can send my iPhone order and pick up later? (Center of new york)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.