Pre-ordering later today

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tigrrgrrl13, Oct 7, 2011.

1. tigrrgrrl13 macrumors newbie

Sorry if this has already been posted, but I searched and couldn't find anything about it.

My husband and I want to pre-order today and are wondering the best way for us to do it. We're on AT&T and have grandfathered unlimited data plans. I've read conflicting things about pre-ordering and keeping the unlimited data, so I'm hoping someone can help.

Our pre-ordering options are:
    1. Pre-order from the Apple site right now
    2. Pre-order from AT&T online right now
    3. Hubby going to AT&T store shortly after 3 p.m. EST and preordering, but the rep told him we could be waiting weeks for the phones

Of course we'd like to get the phones next week, but is it too late at this point? Will we have to wait a few weeks?

Help? Thanks!

2. naples09 macrumors member

You should be able to keep the unlimited plan. I did on vzw this morning. I would pre-order online now so you have a chance to get the phones on the 14th. No one really knows how many are available and when they will sell out. So, get that order in now!

3. deeddawg, Oct 7, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2011

deeddawg macrumors 604

I preordered on Apple.com this morning at 6am and was able to select Unlimited data as my data plan on AT&T as an upgrade. My order acknowledgement email shows that as the chosen data plan as well.

Reports are ordering from AT&T website requires a bit of vigilance but otherwise works.

Apple.com is still showing availability as "Delivers Oct 14th" but as happened last year that can change to "Delivers in 1-2 weeks" at a moment's notice

4. InTheAir macrumors regular

I have two phones on AT&T with unlimited data (3GS and 3G). I bought two new 4S on Apple and was able to retain the unlimited data.

Apple might at some point during the process indicate that your voice plan is $50 each, but in the end, the voice plan won't be listed and the data will be listed as unlimited $30.

I had to split the orders, but they both got processed on apple and I got two confirmation emails (about 10 minutes) after.

Good luck.