Pre-ordering multiple phones for family plan?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by allmanbrother, Oct 6, 2011.

1. allmanbrother macrumors member

Tomorrow I'll be setting up a new iPhone family plan with AT&T with 4 lines when I pre-order. Will there be a problem order 4 phones? Can I just purchase one as the primary and then add 3 more individual purchases to the family plan account as add-on lines? I'm basically looking for a way to start a new AT&T family plan with 4 iPhone 4S's.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Ask AT&T. Complex questions about plans are always going to be answered best by asking the carriers directly.

3. jackie1998 macrumors newbie

I just went through the process of trying to set up a 3 line family plan with AT&T pre-ordering. I actually wasn't able to do it on the apple store at all--after waiting two hours for the eligibility check, I just went via AT&T's website and had absolutely no issues. It lets you select what models you want for each line / customize data / etc.

And, from what I can see of the apple store ordering now, when I tried again to start a new AT&T family plan it gave me a screen saying that I would need to go in-store in order to do so--essentially, wait in line and not even have a phone reserved.

So, I would recommend going straight to AT&T, but maybe later in the day Apple will be easier.