Pre-ordering on Apple.com

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by neworleans-7, Oct 6, 2011.

1. neworleans-7 macrumors regular

neworleans-7

I don't know if any of you have ever done what I'm about to ask with any of the other iPhones but I'm hoping one of you guys can help me.

I'm on a family account on AT&T and a relative has one as well (different account). I want to use my relative's upgrade on that account and use the 4S on my line which is on a different account. I will pre-order the phone and get it delivered using the account and number with the upgrade but I don't know the process they do or what I have to do.

I'm assuming that the phone won't be activated until I receive it and activate it. Is that correct? Will I need to do anything on that account before I put my iPhone 4 sim in the 4S?

2. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

Order with the relative's info. When you get the phone, remove the sim that came with it and put yours in. Turn on the phone and activate it with your info. Enjoy your new 4s.

Your relative's contract will be extended another 2 years and yours will remain the same.

3. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Upgrade her line and you will get her phone in the mail. Then, you pop in your sim card and ask the relative to call AT&T to get the data plan removed. All you need is the imei of a dumbphone to give to att.

4. neworleans-7 thread starter macrumors regular

neworleans-7

Thanks guys. Big help. I know going to the Apple Store would be a big headache to do and I don't want to deal with AT&T so I figured this would be the best route and it seems like it is.