Pre Ordering on iTunes Question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Drew017, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Drew017 macrumors 65816

Drew017

I have a question regarding pre orders on iTunes:

I preordered Fading West by Switchfoot on the iTunes store on my MacBook Air, and the three songs that were available were downloaded immediately, and my account was charged for those songs, but not for the entire album ($9.99). When the album is released, and the songs are downloading automatically, will my account be charged the remaining $5.86 from the $9.99 for the whole album, or will I be charged for each song individually? Not quite clear on this. Thanks!

2. CoolMe macrumors member

Think you've best of raising a case with iTunes on this one!

3. Drew017 thread starter macrumors 65816

Drew017

How might I go about doing that?

4. Holte139 macrumors regular

When I've been in this situation before, iTunes has just charged me the full price of the album minus the track already downloaded (or 3 songs in your case). So presuming the songs are 99 pence/cents each the cost will be 9.99-2.97=7.02.

However, it might still download all the songs on the album, including the ones you've already got access to, so that all the tracks are together and in order rather than being scattered around like singles would be.

5. Drew017 thread starter macrumors 65816

Drew017

Oh ok I think I understand... the only thing is that each of these songs were $1.29 as opposed to $.99. So the album would have been $14.19 total if I'd purchased each individual song. I'm just hoping that they don't charge me the $14.19, because when I clicked pre order it said $9.99. I guess I'll know in a few days.

6. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

They'll charge you $5.86. They charge you for the individual songs in case you change your mind about getting the whole thing later. You have a choice of NOT accepting the pre-order when the time comes.

7. Drew017 thread starter macrumors 65816

Drew017

Great! Thanks for clearing that up.

8. Drew017 thread starter macrumors 65816

Drew017

Another issue with my pre order came up today- when I received the email telling me that the album was ready, I clicked the link in it and it took me to iTunes, where I had to sign in, then sign in again to answer my security questions. The issue is that it either won't let me continue past the security questions page (even though I know the questions are right) or it will successfully verify them then send me back to the front page of the iTunes store without downloading my content. What should I do??