Pre-Ordering online - Hopefully it will be better this year

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lnferno, Sep 21, 2011.

1. lnferno macrumors 6502

Last year, pre-ordering through AT&T was painful. Not just the ordering process, but going back to check the status of the order as well. That seemed like the longest couple weeks of my life last year! LOL

I'm hoping that with Verizon and potentially other carriers as well able to offer the new iPhone, that the loads on the web servers for the online ordering won't be as much of a problem. Hopefully, AT&T learned from that experience (and the other carriers as well)

Anyways - CARRIERS - if you a reading this - PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU HAVE DONE YOUR DEMAND MANAGEMENT/PLANNING CAPACITY HOMEWORK AND BE PREPARED FOR THE ONSLAUGHT OF ONLINE ORDERS AND DON'T UNDERESTIMATE THE OCD US IPHONE FREAKS HAVE ORDERING OUR PHONES!

2. pchipchip macrumors regular

3. Nachoconqueso macrumors regular

They'll be backed up if that's what you're wondering. I'm doing an add a line with a different area code then my billing. Verizon guy says he get whatever area code, but I'm wondering if it's possible online. I do not want to be in that store on preorder day 1.

4. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

Patience is a virtue. :)

5. TC25 macrumors 68020

Yes, I am sure carriers are reading MR. :rolleyes: What are you 12 years old?

6. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

Yeah hopefully they have enough units to ship out. Sucks waiting for the thing to be announced, then having to wait more for your order to be processed!

7. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

After many Apple phone releases, I would say it will be more of the same. Hopefully after release, with in a week or so most will have theirs.

There are going to be two different models to choose from and one will have a choice of internal memory.:cool:

A year later and you can get a white one!:eek: