Pre-ordering the Apple Watch online, Central Time

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by scwinsett, Apr 3, 2015.

1. scwinsett macrumors 6502a

scwinsett

I've pre-ordered every iPhone online since the iPhone 3GS after getting fed-up with the horrendously unpleasant Apple Store experience, although for the iPhone 5S the preorders sold out while I was having trouble getting mine in, and I was forced to endure the Apple Store launch nonsense.

So, typically, here in Nashville, the preorders go live at 2am on the day of.

I'm still a bit unclear on the way this is working though, since theyre handling sales of Apple Watch very differently from their other product lines.

In the event that Apple's site experiences the usual onslaught of activity following the preorders opening, and we are unable to get our preorders in on time... if we schedule the "try on" appointment 4/10, are we able to preorder in store? Can we pre-order from the store and have it shipped to our homes? I really want to spend as little time in an apple store as possible.

Maybe a lot of people enjoy the atmosphere, but i have had nothing but trouble with the apple store employees. They constantly patronize, demean, and spew misinformation. It makes my skin crawl trying to bite my tongue when i hear a "genius" blatantly lying to a customer.

Anyways, sorry to ramble. Pretty excited about this product. I think it is going to be as big of a lifestyle improvement as going from a flip phone to the first iPhone

2. bjdraw macrumors 6502a

3am ET again. It'll be interesting to see if they do the "express" shipping and in-store pickup options like they did with the iPhone 6. I made the mistake of not paying for express shipping and the UPS guy didn't drop off my phone until almost 8pm -- where as in-store pickup users got their phone without waiting in the long line (there was an in-store pickup line) when the store opened at 8am.

3. scwinsett thread starter macrumors 6502a

scwinsett

I'm taking the day off anyway, because if i miss that shipment i will lose my mind

4. valleian macrumors regular

valleian

Ditto. I'm camping outside my house with a lawn chair, a giant SmartWater, and a bag of Oreo's/Wheat Thins/other junk food. I also plan on having friends come over to relive me of my position when nature calls. I will sit out all day if necessary. Now the only question is, do I get the express shipping or no?

5. bobTX10 macrumors member

What is express shipping? How much has it cost in the past? I have never pre-ordered an apple product as you can see.

6. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

I had my iPhone 6 held for pickup at the local UPS facility (I just had to call UPS), no delivery attempt was made. I got it at 9am on launch day.

Another option is to have it shipped to a business address, those typically have a higher delivery priority and come in before 10am or noon.

I'm not sure what I want to do for the Watch though. I'm going to be out of town for work the day/night before and making a 5 hour drive back home the morning of 4/24. I can't decide whether I want to call UPS an have them hold it for pickup and then just go to the UPS center when I get into town, or if I want to ship it to my work address and swing by the office to pick it up when I get into town. I have the day off of work, but I may still have it delivered there.

7. bjdraw macrumors 6502a

Preventing the delivery attempt and picking up at UPS is a great suggestion. I'll def' consider that. Shipping to work is a bit more complicated when paying with a card and I was planning on taking the day off as I doubt I'll get anything done that day anyways.

8. scwinsett thread starter macrumors 6502a

scwinsett

IN Store

Here's to hoping our preorders go through and we dont have to book it to the apple store tomorrow morning to get an order in