Pre-ordering thru apple store app / express pay

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jreale05, Sep 10, 2014.

1. jreale05 macrumors regular

I am going to try and preorder through the mobile app this go around. When going to the app on my iPhone 5, I went to account settings to try and turn / toggle on express pay. However - unlike on my MacBook/website; I don't see any options to turn on express pay in my account options. All of the information is there - it just doesn't appear to be on as all items still have "add to cart" in blue and are not showing up as "buy now" in green. Can someone help me figure out how to turn it on via the iPhone app? Your help is appreciated..

2. jkel777 macrumors 6502a

I believe they removed that option from the app in the latest update.

3. jreale05 thread starter macrumors regular

4. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

So we'll have to add it to the cart to preorder it or..? 'cause the Apple came in handy for preordering my 5 when the website was down.

5. jkel777 macrumors 6502a

You can turn on express checkout on your account settings on Apple's website. However, as others and myself have noticed, turning the setting on does not stick once you logout. My suggestion: log in 15 minutes before pre-order time, turn on express checkout, and stay logged in.

6. jreale05 thread starter macrumors regular

Is this not an option via the iPhone app?

----------

Is this not an option via the iPhone app?

7. jkel777 macrumors 6502a

No, I don't believe so. Not since the update.

8. jreale05 thread starter macrumors regular

Do you think the app will be faster or website?

9. jkel777 macrumors 6502a

Pre-ordering thru apple store app / express pay

I'm not sure. I used Apple's website last year to order the 5s, and everything went smoothly (I didn't have an iPhone to be able to use the app last year). I'll probably use the website again this year, but I'll have the app ready just in case.