Pre-ordering with the Upgrade Program?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ant the ninja, Sep 5, 2016.

1. ant the ninja macrumors regular

ant the ninja

Hi everyone, does anyone have idea how this will work with the IUP? I'm not currently apart of the program but I want to do it for the 7 but I can't seem to find any info about how it will work the pre-order?

Sorry if this has been covered already, figured I would ask. Thanks!

2. Jal217 macrumors regular

Jal217

I think you can definitely pre order to start a new upgrade program account. You can order online through the program currently so I'm thinking that's a sure bet.

I'm in the boat where I am already in the program and I don't think I can pre order to actually use my upgrade option! I'll probably be jealous of you!

3. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Last year IUP was in-store only. But once pre-orders went live you could reserve it with a specific time for in-store pickup. I believe its now online and in-store so you can pre-order it for at home delivery, unless you are TMO. Thats in-store only still.

4. spoa94 macrumors 6502a

spoa94

Pretty sure we will be able to pre-order and sign up for IUP online.

Bummer for me is AT&T requires delivery be sent to the plan account holder (my mother) so I can't send it to myself. Instead I will be opting for in-store pickup. This also requires my mother to pick it up but since I am an "Authorized User" on our account a ATT rep assured me I will be fine to pick it up. (sorry for the extra info just thought i'd share)
    --- Post Merged, Sep 5, 2016 ---
    I don't see why you can't pre-order. As long as you have made 12 payments thus far. In the terms and conditions for upgrading there is something about needing to turn over old iPhone in 14 days. So I feel like Apple must be giving current upgrade participants a easy and free way to send in your old phone.

5. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

To check your IUP upgrade eligibility go to this link:

http://www.apple.com/shop/iphone/iphone-upgrade-program

And scroll midway and click the button.

I started the program the day the iPhone 6S released and it says I'm eligible for a new upgrade already. I have already made the required 12 payments.

6. Bigserver1 macrumors regular

I just switched to TMobile. Can I still make my appointment online to do the upgrade in store? Or do I actually have to physically go in without an appointment?

Last year I was on VZW so I made the appointment online and then went in store. I'm seeing something about "in store only" for TMO - can someone clarify?

7. spoa94 macrumors 6502a

spoa94

No one knows what will happen this year but last year everyone had to make an appointment during the pre-order process. You put no money down but Apple reserved the phone you wanted so you could come in store and pay for it. Either by doing the IUP or paying outright.

8. Bigserver1 macrumors regular

Yeah, that's what I did last year. Was planning on doing the same this year, just wanted to make sure that was still an option now that I'll have switched to TMobile.

9. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

I also switched to T-Mobile this year. Chatted with Apple yesterday and as of now we will have to go in store to do that. However, she did say Apple will make a statement if that changes. So I guess we'll wait and see what they say on Wednesday.

10. Jal217 macrumors regular

Jal217

I saw that too. I hope this is their plan