Pre-Orderings at Best Buy [In-Store]

Discussion in 'iPad' started by shyam09, Mar 25, 2012.

1. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

Just an update for those who still haven't bought their iPads (like me). it seems like Bestbuy, starting today is doing pre-orderings. Of course you could stick with Apple Stores, other retailers, and apple.com, but in case you want to go with BestBuy...

My Story: Went into BestBuy right as the store opened; they asked to form a line for the new iPad purchases. Sadly they were only selling the 16GB model [I wanted the 32 :( ] so I had to pre-order mine. Luckily I was either the first or the second so I figure the moment Apple sends some of these 32 GB Wifis, I can get my first iPad. Lol. What an experience.

Since Apple has pumped the production of the iPads, i would assume that people will get their iPads [from Pre-ordering at Best buy] much quicker than last year? I checked Apple Store's in-store pickup for the White 32 GB Wifi and it looks like that's also OOS near my location. I figure that their priority is the Apple Stores of course but I wonder how long it will take BestBuy... sigh.

2. LanEvo macrumors 6502

They sold out too, wanted to check for a 32GB, and asked me to get on the Wait-List. I left with my 16GB.

3. shyam09 thread starter macrumors 68000

shyam09

lol i should have done the same thing. Was third in line...

4. LanEvo macrumors 6502

Check for Open Box items, mine only has the 16GB 4G model for open box, and did not want to shell out the extra 50 or 60 bucks to get it as I didn't need it. I am currently looking for a 16GB or 32GB Open Box to swap into.