Pre-Orders and Apple Care

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by lordofthereef, Sep 8, 2016.

1. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Pardon what probably seems like a couple silly questions, but I would be a first time AW orderer and am looking at the 42mm sport series 2...

1. Did they / will they allow for in store pickup preorders? I know they have for some time with the phones... we are in the process of moving and I simply can't and don't want to deal with things being dropped off at our current address. I'd like to order in store pickup and just go in the afternoon when the lines die down; I won't be ordering a phone this year either.

2. Apple care is confusing me. From what I can tell Apple reserves the right to deem damage as misuse or abuse and NOT cover repairs even with AC? I am also confused about what the deductibles are for things like screen repair/replacement versus out of pocket costs. Yes, I did look here, but it is not as straight forward (or maybe I am overthinking it) as the iPhone options.

2. lordofthereef thread starter macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Surely someone can share their experience with one or the other question I posed...

3. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

I don't think you could do pick ups on preorders 18 months ago.

That said.... Things may be different this time around since there MAY be less people preordering????????????

After a week or so there was the option to check online each morning and "order" to pick up in the store that day....

I can't help with A/C experience since I haven't had and A/C claim on either watch yet *knock on wood* And I haven't looked into non warranty prices for screens, etc...

4. lordofthereef thread starter macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Alright. Thank you.

I'm trying to figure out if I want to wait up until 3am tonight to preorder this thing in stores. Otherwise I'll have to wait when they come more easily in stock since shipping to my house isn't really an option.

5. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

What I have done the past two iPhone releases, is order online through Apple and when I get the shipped notification from UPS, I hold it at my UPS facility for pickup. I don't have to worry about long lines, missing the UPS guy or any other crazy crap. I wake up at 8, have breakfast and I head over to the facility by 10. I am in and out in less than 5 minutes. No muss or fuss. :)

6. lordofthereef thread starter macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Good advice. I'll do this. Case closed.

7. profets macrumors 68040

Past few years I've seen both pre-orders that deliver on launch day and pre-ordering for pickup on launch day.

Always fun to pick up at the store on launch day, but at the same time it's so convenient to just receive it and not have to leave home or the office.

8. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

Are you a reefer?

9. lordofthereef thread starter macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Yes. But it refers to saltwater fish and corals lol

10. profets macrumors 68040

For Applecare+ on the watch, (in Canada so CDN dollars), I just see a replacement cost mentioned of $89

"Coverage for up to two incidents of accidental damage,2 each subject to a service fee of $89 for Apple Watch and Apple Watch Nike+, or $99 for Apple Watch Edition and Apple Watch Hermès, plus applicable tax"

11. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

In regards to AC+ for Apple Watch...

http://www.apple.com/support/products/watch.html

You have 2 accidental damage claims for $69. Covers any accidental damage + taxes. No other costs are incurred. After that and out of warranty, is where you pay the bigger fees.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 8, 2016 ---
    That's what I was referring to :)

Was a reefer for a few years. Had nano tanks on up to a 255 bow front.

12. profets macrumors 68040

Interestingly, I learned from looking this up that the Hermes and Edition have 2 years included and AppleCare+ extend it to 3 years.

13. lordofthereef thread starter macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Oh nice! I had gotten out of the hobby for a few years on our move. We are finally buying a house so that will soon change :)