Pre-orders from AT&T: How many are still on "backorder"?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MooseBlood, Jun 19, 2009.

1. MooseBlood macrumors member

Some say backordered, some don't say it at all (and never have). I think those of us who are on backorder status may be stuck in limbo land for some reason that AT&T can't figure out. They claim everything is FINE, but I don't get it. I am just looking for some informal numbers on those who are backordered. Please list how you bought it (regular AT&T for home delivery or Premier) and the date you placed your order (if you would please!!!).

Me: Ordered June 12th through Premier 2 phones and 2 new lines of service... one number being ported.

Status: EVERYTHING is backordered and has been since the 15th.

2. joro macrumors 68020

joro

I think their order status system is messed up. I looked at mine all day yesterday and it just said “Shipped” with no tracking information. Finally, I called the automated order status line, got a tracking number from FedEx (mind you the CSR at AT&T couldn’t pull it up), and the number didn’t work all day. Finally, it went into the system around 11:00 PM EST last night and I got the phone this morning around 12:30 PM EST. To this point, I still have not had a tracking number put on the order status page nor have I gotten an e-mail from AT&T saying it’s shipped.

I thought I read somewhere else on MR that others had been getting some today even though it wasn’t showing shipped. So maybe there is hope for all of us who placed orders with AT&T? :confused:

3. zoobaby macrumors newbie

Ordered on the 16th, the Premier website says:
    The other website says back order.

The CSR yesterday said they had plenty of phones and everyone should get theirs. He couldn't provide me with a tracking number though.

/Calling again because bored at work on a Friday
    //May cancel and just walk into a store and buy it

4. MooseBlood thread starter macrumors member

Wait... so mine says "back-ordered" but it might have been shipped? The couple of folks I talked to at AT&T said it wasn't even processed at the warehouse yet. VERY weird.

The first Canadian lady I talked to told me to call back in 14 days. Fantastic CS .... eh?:cool:

5. joro macrumors 68020

joro

I'm glad nobody was holding their breath...;)

6. zoobaby macrumors newbie

Just off the phone with a CSR "Warehouse is showing negative quantities." So I asked him for an ETA, and he said "I can't give you a definitive answer, but 14 days or more."

7. MooseBlood thread starter macrumors member

When did you order?

8. zoobaby macrumors newbie

Monday ;) I should have done my research before hand and not ordered via AT&T.

9. RNSheets macrumors member

RNSheets

I preorderd my 3GS last Wednesday.

What is the link to see your order @ ATT again?

Thanks

10. ALittleDrive macrumors regular

Wow, sorry yos, I had a 3G bought on opening day, so I didn't pre-order until I found out that the upgrade got upgraded, so then I called Best Buy, and they still had pre-orders available as of last night (and this morning), walked in, picked it up, left, Manhattan!, who would have thought the 'ol BB would come through in a pinch...it felt like a little known secret! ...again, my apologies, but if anyone can cancel an order, I bet BB will still have some!:eek:

11. RyanDe680 macrumors member

RyanDe680

Ordered this past Tuesday afternoon (16th) and still on backorder.