Pre-orders not delivering until the 19th??

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ScubaCinci, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4s: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

Read the front page!

2. ScubaCinci thread starter macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

First thing I did...I guess I'm missing it?

*Edit* the one you are referring to is referencing new pre-orders. The MSNBC story implies that it is ALL pre-orders

3. preston181 macrumors member

They must have gotten some bad information. Apple's phone support assured me I'd have my preorder in hand by end of day on the 16th. They said those of us who ordered in the first 12 hours, (I ordered 4 hours after the preorders were up, due to site crashes), would be in the first wave of shipments for sure. Maybe they are going on reports from people who waited too long to order. Word is that Apple had a lot of iPads stateside last weekend, ready to ship.

4. Jason S. macrumors 6502a

And that's why this story is extremely misleading.

5. M87 macrumors 65816

Typical of mainstream news. They love to report things they don't know **** about.

6. Buildbright macrumors 6502a

This great news for Apple and resalers makes people go crazy. You do better with a hot product when you limit supply to create a bit of a frenzy. It's done all the time.

7. LaurenAJb macrumors member

I ordered mine on tenth ( yesterday) and mine will arrive 29th :eek::apple:

8. barkomatic macrumors 68040

The reporter went online and saw the current March 19th ship date. That is what the whole story is based on. No fact checking, lazy reporting. Needed to get the article in.

9. iMaven macrumors 6502

iMaven

The pre-orders set for the 16th are all sold out. Plus, the article was written on the 10th, which does show them delivered on the 19th.

10. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

11. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Go to a REAL news reporting place like FOX News.

It will be here on the 16th. You will have images on the Wednesday news of people camping out.

It will be quite an "Event"!!!

Thank God mine will arrive via Delivery.

12. Swampthing Suspended

Swampthing

PLEASE tell me you are being sarcastic, because any serious news junkie KNOWS Fox is simply a mouthpiece for the right wing Republican spoon fed crap. There are quite a number of eye-opening documentaries out there about Fox News, which include commentary from former Fox executives, and if you haven't seen them already, I suggest you google them before even SUGGESTING they are a "real" news place.

13. noobinator macrumors 603

noobinator

There are no real news places then. Everyone has a slant whether you see it or not.

14. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

The story is sort of correct. Apple rep said unless you have a shipping confirm, delivery will be on 19th.

15. Sketchr macrumors 6502a

Wait, so there are people who actually read/listen to MessNBC? And of those, can they really take the source seriously:D

16. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

It's a REUTERS article and has nothing to do with MSNBC other than they posted it from the REUTERS wire.

17. Dan DRC macrumors member

Please go away
    MSN is a mouthpiece for the left wing Democratic party
    All of the major news outlets basically suck now days

18. Nocaster macrumors regular

The Apple rep in the article said no such thing.

19. gridmonkey macrumors newbie

Of the major networks, FOX is the only one that has fought in court--successfully!--for its "right" to lie on TV and call it "news." Other news organizations are generally lazy, sensationalist, and desperate for ratings (the article in the OP being a prime example), but none of them can match FOX for pure systemic bias.

If you have any doubts, try comparing the news from a handful of other sources (Google News works great for this) and then sit back and watch what FOX does with it. It really is impressive how quickly they are able to twist every single national headline into something they can use to discredit President Obama, climate scientists, civil rights activists and anyone else who doesn't share their particular brand of self-righteous xenophobic wackaloonery.

This being an Apple forum, I'll circle back to a Steve Jobs quote here: "The axis today is not liberal and conservative, the axis is constructive-destructive... Fox has become an incredibly destructive force in our society."

/rant

20. cwosigns macrumors 68000

cwosigns

That's because most "journalists" couldn't find their ass with both hands and a flashlight. Or when the economy tanked, editors were the first people to get pink-slipped.

Not to hijack your thread, but it's nearly painful to read online news. No one proofreads or bothers to care about how a story reads.

21. Manilae macrumors newbie

For me here in Germany my iPad is just 100km away from my home ;-), dont think they will hold it back because DHL / Hermes will charge for a hold which isnt that cheap. I except mine to be delivered in the next 2-3 Days.

22. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

So, that means the other news channels are fair and balanced ? Ya, right !

23. ScubaCinci thread starter macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

Yeah, I know. At first I was like OH SNAP! But when I didn't see it reported anywhere else, I started thinking that maybe they were misinformed or making assumptive leaps based on incomplete information.

I've taken off work Friday so I can sign for the delivery so I was gonna be upset if it was pushed back.

24. Swampthing, Mar 11, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2012

Swampthing Suspended

Swampthing

There is a difference. Taking every potshot you can at anyone not in your particular "party" as Fox flagrantly does, is not news. They have even been called on it many times, but they don't care. Try news.google.com as that's a great source to compare headlines... and look at the laughable Fox "spin" on things.

And BTW, whenever you start calling Fox for what it is... opinion, not news, you'll see the Right Wingers jump out and start putting down every news organization in the book WITHOUT .00001% of the evidence that has been PROVEN against Fox.

Fox's own commentators have spoken about this. It's there for you to see it, in living color. About the intentional omission of viewpoints. About the intentional slants. About the search for dirt on other parties. And about the incessant pandering to the Republican Party. I suggest anyone questioning this check out those documentaries...

Nice link for you to start right here: The Fox Effect: How Roger Ailes Turned a Network into a Propaganda Machine http://www.amazon.com/The-Fox-Effec...9588/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1331494807&sr=8-1