Pre-orders will be fulfilled beginning June 24, 2010?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by brinycbri, Jun 15, 2010.

1. brinycbri macrumors 6502a

That's what it says on my premier order confirmation...
    "Pre-orders will be fulfilled beginning June 24, 2010"

Does that mean I'll receive it starting June 24 or they will start shipping on June 24? So confused lol

2. wishman35 macrumors regular

This is why I am scared to order through AT&T ...

3. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

Take a look around the forum, at least you have a pre-order...

4. arom macrumors 6502

I guess we won't know until we get tracking numbers with delivery dates...

Hopefully ATT is doing it to cover thier ass just in case.

5. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

They are doing it to cover their ass. It said the same thing last year and I got it on release date. As long as something doesn't go seriously wrong with getting these into the states then we will have them on release day. Also, don't panic if your delivery date is set for Friday when you get your tracking number. Last year mine said it was set for Saturday, but then Friday morning it was updated to being out for delivery. Basically what I'm saying is that just don't worry about anything because 95% chance says your getting yours on the 24th if you have submitted your preorder.

6. invisible777 macrumors member

I spoke with a well-spoken, professional and (seemingly) knowledgeable ATT rep this morning. They said home deliveries will be "the 24th or shortly thereafter."

7. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I think it just means that starting the 24th their pre order obligations to people will start to be met, meaning a good chunk of you, and hopefully me, will get their phone that day.

Fancy wording to cover their ass, that being said if I get it Friday I'll still be ok with that.

8. GooGleit15 macrumors member

It also stated in my confirmation email that it's a first come first served basis. So get your pre orders in, it might have been worth it for me waking up at 530am :)

9. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I agree. It's one of those situations where in case you get it on the 25th, God forbid, they can fall back on the fact that they advised you when orders would begin being fulfilled.

10. brinycbri thread starter macrumors 6502a

man, i still dont know what that means lol..why does ATT have to be so vague and shady? lol

11. brinycbri thread starter macrumors 6502a

I called premier and they said they dont know lol..and they dont know why it's "backordered"..anyone else have luck on this vague language?