Pre orders

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bigwayne3000, Jun 10, 2010.

1. bigwayne3000 macrumors regular

Do they do online pre orders for ATT so you can still go to the store to pick up or do you have ot buy online as well? OR do they not even do online pre orders at all?

2. hryan4740 macrumors regular

hryan4740

You can pre-order, but you can't pick up your pre-order until Friday the 25th. If you reserve your phone through Apple you can pick it up on launch day.

3. Built macrumors 68020

+1 AT & T stores are definitely not the way to go if you want your pre-ordered phone on the 24th!

4. homerjfry macrumors regular

homerjfry

I thought someone confirmed throught the At&T press release that you can pre-order and AT&T would mail the phone to you also? I may be wrong.

5. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68020

TroyBoy30

you can pick it up from att on the 24th as well, at 7am. why do people keep speading wrong info? Why would you have to wait a day to get it from att?

6. oldschooldude macrumors regular

Yes, AT&T will fedex phone to you if you pre-order and you should get it on 6/24.

7. Cougarcat macrumors 604

You can either 1) buy it and have it shipped to you on the 24th or 2) Preorder it and pick it up on the 25th or later. They are trying to encourage #1 so the stores are less hectic.

8. shehateme macrumors newbie

If you preorder from ATT do you pay for everything online or you just reserve it online and pay for it when you pick it up at the ATT store?

9. bigwayne3000 thread starter macrumors regular

I am not worried about getting it on the 24th as I am in the military and will be in the field until the 25th anyway. What I am wondering is whether or not I can pre order online to pick up in store. I'll be in the field but I'll have my BlackBerry so I'll have internet access so can I pre order online to get it in store or do I have to physically go to a store to pre order it?

10. bigwayne3000 thread starter macrumors regular

Ok great thank you. I'll have my phone with me in the field so hopefully I'll be able to do this on my phone. Thanks again!

11. Legends20036 macrumors member

http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=18004&cdvn=news&newsarticleid=30863

"For greater convenience and faster delivery, preorders can be shipped directly to a customer’s home or business for delivery as early as June 24. Customers can also have a preorder shipped to their local AT&T store for pick up on or after Friday, June 25."

12. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

7 AM? Where did you get that from?

13. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68020

TroyBoy30

kewl thanks. makes no sense but thanks. I have to order from att i'm assuming since I have a FAn account. at least it was that way last year

that's what they did last year

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/10/atandt-offering-price-protection-or-iphone-4-swap-to-recent-ipho/

On a related note, modmyi.com is also reporting that AT&T corporate stores are set to open at 7AM on the 24th, iPhone 4 launch day, though we're not able to confirm this one.

why would they open early if you cant pick it up on the 24th?

14. JayDude132 macrumors 6502

I'm confused now. I just spoke with a customer service rep from AT&T and they said both Apple and AT&T will take pre orders on the 15th to pick up in the store on the 24th. Now i'm a little worried because people keep saying you can't get it at at&t until the 25th, which seems strange since i was told on the phone that it would, in fact, be at the AT&T store on the 24th for pickup.

15. dwella1 macrumors member

AT&T site plainly states they will ship to arrive the 24th and if you wish to pick it up the 25th or later. Thats the way it is and they are opening at 7am to sell the phone to non pre orders and again thats just the way it is..... Last year we all had a blast on delivery day watching our phone travel from china through customs and on to the trucks for delivery. They also used both ups and fedx and arrived from early morning to pretty late. We did this right from this web site. I will be preordering from apple as I did last year without a glitch.

d