Pre-Ording as an Authorized Account Member

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by marcongj, Jun 15, 2010.

1. marcongj macrumors member

If I am an authorized account holder on my att account how would I order off of apple's website. Since I dont know my Dad's SS number, but I know mine can I just enter that or I am better off going into an ATT store and doing this?

2. NYY FaN macrumors 6502

NYY FaN

just ask him for his last 4 SS digits and youre good to go, you won't be able to do it in-store either unless you are an authorized user

3. romeo.xk macrumors 6502a

SInce the 2 year agreement has to be renewed, your dad will have to be there if you go to the store, your only option is to ask you dad what you want to do and ask him for his SS... And then you can order at apple.com, when ever it actually starts working...

4. marcongj thread starter macrumors member

But if I am an authorized user I can just walk into the ATT store and order one. I dont need him there for that. I live in Idaho and he is NYC so that should work shouldnt it?

5. romeo.xk macrumors 6502a

Just call him and TELL HIM WHAT YOU NEED TO DO, and then place the order on apple.com

I might be wrong, but I think that only the account holder can renew a contract... At least that is the way it should be...

6. NYY FaN macrumors 6502

NYY FaN

I've heard that apple retail stores only allows the primary account holder to buy iphones, not even authorized users.. its different for each store.