Pre-Paid iphone 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by leomac08, Aug 19, 2009.

?

Would you buy a Pre-Paid iphone?

1. Yes (even if a 16GB pre-paid iphone cost $650 and 32GB would cost $750)

8 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. I would never prefer a pre-paid iphone service.

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Pre-Paid Service is bad.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

So far in the United States, AT&T has not offered a pre-paid service with the iphone 3G S. However when I went to my home- country of El Salvador, I saw the iphone 3G (not 3G S) was bearly being introduced. As a huge mac-geek, I went to the store that sold it (Claro). Me and my friend asked how much is the iphone? A lady told me there is 4 options.

1st option:
    1 yr contract, $45 bucks a month (included 200 minutes, 100 SMS, and 100MB of Data) iphone 8GB cost $490.00, 16GB $600

2nd option:
    18 month contract, $45 bucks a month (included 200 minutes, 100 SMS, and 100MB of Data) iphone 8GB cost $390.00, 16GB $480

3rd option:
    24 month contract, $45 bucks a month (included 200 minutes, 100 SMS, and 100MB of Data) iphone 8GB cost $290.00, 16GB $400

4th option:
    PRE-PAID!
    $630 for 8GB
    $750 for 16GB
    13 cents per minute
    0.005 cents per KB
    All you need to add is pre-paid cards, that come in a variety of $5, $10, $15 etc....

(if u want to see the full iphone 3G phone plans for El Salvador for Claro and Movistar go to http://translate.google.com/transla...+in+el+salvador&hl=en&client=safari&rls=en-us)

Now, how cool would it be to have a pre-paid iphone!:D

However, I noticed for AT&T when I had a go-phone, I would love to use the MEdia Net, but AT&T charges 1 cent per KB.

A Pre-Paid iphone Data Plan would probably waste more money than a contract phone.

When I had my Pantech Slate Go-Phone, I would buy the 1MB Data plan for $4.99 such as the examples down below

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phone-plans/prepaid-feature-packages.jsp

However I would like to see a pre-paid service in the Future.

So I decided to put a Poll, So please vote.:D And sorry if the poll questions are a little bit limited...

(and sorry if this is a repeated thread, I looked up for any similar threads and I didn't find any!)

2. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

No offense but those poll questions are terrible... the last two mean the same thing and the "NO" could be used with one of the last two reasons in mind...

Also I would of said yes until the $600+ on the Yes... maybe broaden the scenarios a little more...

Cool question just terrible options..

3. leomac08 thread starter macrumors 68020

leomac08

lol, sorry man,

what i meant to say

No- You would not like to buy a pre-paid iphone.

I would not like a iphone pre-paid service- I meant that since the iphone uses a data plan, the iphone would literally waste all the pre-paid cards you add to the phone due to it's HTML browser that waste a lot of KB's.

Yes- yes, you would love a pre-paid iphone; I was going to put more scenarios, but I thought I would put more than 10 options if I did.
    I was also asking if you would buy an pre-paid iphone 3G S in the U.s, with the same price as the iphone price in El Salvador.

I know that a pre-paid iphone, costing $650 may sound a little to big!:D

but maybe for another thread. lol:)

4. kinkster macrumors 6502a

AT&T Go Phone offers a 100mb data package for $20. pricey so I don't get it very often.

does El Salvador have something similar?

5. leomac08 thread starter macrumors 68020

leomac08

yeah i remember go-phone 100MB for $19.99 for 30 days, on my pantech slate, (good old days):D

anyways

Nope, only a $45 monthly plan, on a 1 yr or 2yr contract which includes 100MB of data.

for pre-paid, you pay some 3/4ths of a cent per KB ($0.005) on Data. Similar to paying 1 cent per KB on AT&T

I know it sounds so expensive on pre-paid for data.:p

6. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I use my phone too much for a pre-paid plan to be cost effective.

7. leomac08 thread starter macrumors 68020

leomac08

good point...

that's why i said "A Pre-Paid iphone Data Plan would probably waste more money than a contract phone."
    :cool:

8. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I wasn't even looking at the data I use. I use around 400 minutes and about the same number of texts a month.

9. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

I'll never buy a phone linked to a contract again. I change my usage habits too often to be locked into one contract for 18 months. (I've changed contract 3 times in the past year :eek:)

I buy a phone outright then choose the contract separately (and always go on the rolling contracts which I can cancel/change whenever I want). And I go on prepaid whenever I'm single.

10. comptr macrumors 65816

I would buy a pre-paid but I would prefer a unlocked iPhone so that I can use it on any carrier and when I travel overseas I can just remove my sim card and place a prepaid one for temporary use.

11. slabwax macrumors member

I would buy a pre pay. It would just be easer to get a new Iphone and unlock it. If Apple would just sell me the darn thing with out making sure I was a ATT user then no problem.

12. leomac08 thread starter macrumors 68020

leomac08

I wonder if the unlocked iphones are the same thing as pre-paid phones? i'm guessing yes, but i have never jailbroken a phone or ipod:confused: