PRE Pre-Order?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DetTigers, Oct 13, 2017.

1. DetTigers macrumors regular

Will Apple allow us to select the iPhone X ahead of time and get pre qualified like they did for the iPhone 8? Seems to save a lot of time during the checkout process...

2. Aibocyrus macrumors 6502a

Aibocyrus

I’m going to go ahead and say Yes to this. I’m pretty sure everyone else will agree. It’s been discussed a lot on the forums the past couple weeks.
    I already have my X saved in my favorites on the app, now I’m just waiting for them to open up IUP pre-approvals before the launch.

3. jtrue28 macrumors 6502a

jtrue28

Only if you're currently an Apple Upgrade customer. If not, you're screwed like everyone else. Good luck.

4. a82320 macrumors newbie

Kinda of? Set your carrier, color and storage in your Apple Store app, and mark it as favorite, on the 27 Oct, pay with ApplePay, you are faster then a lot of people already.

5. Damstr macrumors 6502

You can't favorite your iPhone model unless you are currently on IUP?

6. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

You are talking about different things. Anyone can favorite a model they want for faster checkout. The prequalify is for the IUP. If you are currently enrolled, I am sure they will do the prequalify like they did for the 8.

7. medguy11 macrumors newbie

do you guys know how many days before pre-orders began the prequalify began for the 8?

8. ckurt25 macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

I think it was earlier in the week. Maybe Monday by the earliest? Wednesday by the latest?

9. Jimpilot, Oct 13, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2017

Jimpilot macrumors 6502a

Jimpilot

I can’t figure out how to select it as a favorite, am I missing the obvious?

I can select the case as a favorite but when I start picking the phone it takes me to the IUP page. I don’t see a way to select it as a favorite. Will the IUP prequel page when it’s active allow you to select favorite?
    --- Post Merged, Oct 13, 2017 ---
    Anyone know the above?