Pre-Purchase Questions from Windows Gamer

Discussion in 'iMac' started by poptarts, Oct 23, 2011.

1. poptarts macrumors newbie

Hey Guys, I have used and built PC's for about ten years now. I have always used windows machines and i have had headache after headache with DOA parts, stupid mistakes, and just overall windows frustration. I am strongly considering saving up for the next refresh of the iMac.

Everyone i know who has a mac loves it. I have the iPhone 4 and i do love it. My biggest concern is how is bootcamp performance of windows games? Is there a noticeable performance difference?

Also, how is the heat of the 21" imac compared to the 27? Should i expect the small form factor to heat up my GPU/CPU to 90c and bluescreen? :D. Are there fan controller programs for osx?

Any word on what the new imac will have in it feature wise?

Thanks for any help fellas.

2. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

There are fan controller programs for OS X, but you don't actually need them. And besides, you said you're going to be boot camping anyway, so any OS X fan control app won't help you.

Bootcamp performance is the same performance as if you loaded up a PC with the same hardware and windows, because that's really what you're doing.

No one knows anything about new products until they are announced.

3. Aldaris macrumors 65816

Aldaris

If your serious them like the post above, running under boot camp will essentially be running windows and you won't need any sort of fan control systems for Mac OS X. other than that you'll really be in good shape. I'd personally recommend the 27" just due to the upgrade for the best graphics card the iMac currently offers. And if your going to be doing a lot of gaming the better video the better experience.