Pre-purchase Unibody Macbook Pro enquiries

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by htchang1987, Feb 18, 2009.

1. htchang1987 macrumors member

Near to a final decision to buy an unibody macbook pro instead of waiting for the upcoming refreshed iMac.

Several questions before the final decision:

1. Have heard a lot of bad things about the graphics driver on the unibody macbook pro in this website, are all the problems only occur in the bootcamp or the problems also occur in the OS X as well? Are they really that bad?

2. I won't have $ to buy an ACD after investing on the unibody macbook pro, hence, would like to ask if the unibody macbook pro can link to any external display of any size?

3. I haven't used bootcamp before although I am owning a macbook right now, if I were to buy the unibody macbook pro, what types of drivers that I have to install in the windows so that everything can function properly such as trackpad, left/right clicks, graphics, etc. etc.

Thank you very much if anyone can help to answer.

2. Talon- macrumors newbie

I can't speak to this fully, but I haven't had graphics issues running Vista through boot camp so far. Now, I've been having Steam problems due to my internet connection, so I haven't tried to game yet.

Aye, you just have to buy the Mini DisplayPort to VGA adapter.

You get the drivers off the Leopard disk, and Apple put out a trackpad update and will presumably put out more later. I still prefer to use a mouse over the trackpad, but tapping with the trackpad works well enough.

Cheers.

3. Cantunis macrumors member

1) You maybe get a bit of flickering on the screen while you are running low backlighting and scolling fast on docs or websites . Not very much , but just in case you feel its too much , you will get it fixed under applecare

2) You can buy a DVI adapter ( 40$ ) and plug in a monitor up to 24" . if you need bigger , buy a Dual-DVI adapter ( 90$ ) .

But by the way , LED ACD is kinda stunning , with a very even backlighting .

3) Just pop in your leopard reinstall DVD right after you install windows . It contains a installer that will install all the needed drivers to make everything on your MBP work . Easy as that.

Also , you can get Vmware and run Windows and Mac OS X at the same time . Obviously it isnt free

And just FYI .. even it is "just" a dual-core it runs very smooth while on MAC OS X .

4. htchang1987 thread starter macrumors member

What do you mean by "Steam" problems?