pre-sign for delivery?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by matthewskyle, Oct 11, 2011.

1. matthewskyle macrumors member

I am trying to go ahead and pre-sign the delivery through Apple but when I click on pre-sign, it takes me to the login/lookup page, then after I look up my order, it takes me back to the pre-sign button/order summary page. Basically I get stuck in a loop of the same 2 pages. Anyone else experiencing this?

2. highdefw macrumors 6502

3. marc32137 macrumors newbie

I had the same issue. I called Apple Store support and they said it was because they switched from FedEx to UPS. They also said I would need to contact UPS if I needed to make special arrangements.

4. matthewskyle thread starter macrumors member

Yeah. That's the way I did it. But the only catch would be that I was going through my work email which runs on Lotus Notes. Surely that wouldn't cause the issue.

5. james92se macrumors 6502a

You guys are braver than I.

You couldn't pay me to pre-sign for my iPhone. I'm sure there's hoards of smart criminals following around UPS/FedEx trucks on iPhone delivery day waiting to scoop up pre-signed iPhone deliveries left on porches. I'll call in "sick" before pre-signing :p

6. gswilder macrumors regular

UPS Blah

I hate that they are using UPS for iphone 4S. I dont believe you can presign for delivery with UPS. Fedex always allowed that. And Fedex, you can pickup at their local office until late on Friday. UPS usually closes earlier.

Guess we will have to see....

7. chocochibi, Oct 12, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2011

chocochibi macrumors newbie

If you go here http://www.ups.com/mychoice/features/ on the ups site, you can join for free, there's also a premier version, but even with the free version you can authorize shipping release so they'll leave it without a signature.

Edit: I joined this but when I track my shipment I can't find the option to do this anywhere.....
    I'll have to think of something else

8. bollweevil macrumors 6502

So... I cannot presign for my 4S? It is shipping via UPS. Arg.

9. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

I was able to print the pre-sign form no problem and yes it's for UPS not FedEx.. I clicked on my order through my email and from the order status page the pre-sign form came up right away...

10. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

Jeesh. Just leave a note on your door saying to leave it and print and sign your name. Always works for me.

11. K4LK macrumors 6502

K4LK

No way. That's a lot to lose if someone steals it.

12. mikepro macrumors 6502

I get similar behavior for both of my orders. When I click the pre-sign button on my order status, it takes me to an acknowledge page. I check the box and click the continue button, it takes me to a blank page

13. DarkFlame macrumors regular

I actually just started a new thread about this. I got off the phone with UPS and sprint is actually not allowing people to pre-sign. I am going to have to drive to get my iphone 4s after work.

14. pugnut macrumors 6502a

Mine is via UPS and the link to pre-sign is there.

15. mikepro macrumors 6502

But have you tried it, and does it work?

16. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

If the phone gets stolen from your porch who you gonna call? Ghostbusters?

17. salbiani macrumors member

How is he gonna call anyone?
    They stole his phone!! :eek: