Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LouE37

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
Anyone confirm success in doing this for their orders? I know on Apples site it says that this is an option however i'm curious as to whether it will available to use for these devices. I recall this not being available when i pre-ordered my iPhone 6 Plus with release day delivery. Mine is still preparing for shipment so any pre sign options are not available as of yet.

Ghost31

macrumors 68040
Jun 9, 2015
I think after it ships you'll get a bunch of options when you go to tracking. One of my favorites is "hold at a local fedex/ups center for pickup". Last time I had something delivered they literally left it on my doorstep for everyone to see.

LouE37

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
I think after it ships you'll get a bunch of options when you go to tracking. One of my favorites is "hold at a local fedex/ups center for pickup". Last time I had something delivered they literally left it on my doorstep for everyone to see.

Ok yeah i figure once its shipped i should see some options there, just wondering if pre-sign is an option. But to your point picking up at local specificed UPS or FedEx office would be even better so i can just get it on the way home. Thx for reminding me about that posibility as well.

tekchic

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
I've always had to sign for a delivery of a launch day device. My biggest problem besides having to schedule a work from home day is stalking the front door to prevent the inevitable UPS/Fedex "ding dong dash" where they ring the bell and run away with your device before you can get to the door.

Wish they would do in-store pickup for launch day devices like they did for iPhone 6 and iPad Pro 12.9".

First world problems :D

Patriot24

macrumors 68030
Dec 29, 2010
California
I've always had to sign for a delivery of a launch day device. My biggest problem besides having to schedule a work from home day is stalking the front door to prevent the inevitable UPS/Fedex "ding dong dash" where they ring the bell and run away with your device before you can get to the door.

Wish they would do in-store pickup for launch day devices like they did for iPhone 6 and iPad Pro 12.9".

Sign up for FedEx Delivery Manager and UPS MyChoice. You'll get all kinds of options that will allow you to avoid having to wait at home, etc.

LouE37

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010

Yeah thats what i'm thinking as well, i guess we'll have to see if not through Apple, then maybe through the shipping company i can have them hold it for me. Def first world problems...although i'm more than fine working from home if neccesary.
Sign up for FedEx Delivery Manager and UPS MyChoice. You'll get all kinds of options that will allow you to avoid having to wait at home, etc.

Good deal!

mpetrides

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2007
Once your package ships, you can go to Apple's website and choose to sign for it in advance. You then print up the release from Apple's website, sign it, and leave it on your door on the day of delivery. So long as you live some place where it's safe to have packages left at your door, it works great. I used to do this all the time because I couldn't stay home to sign for the package in person.

LouE37

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
Once your package ships, you can go to Apple's website and choose to sign for it in advance. You then print up the release from Apple's website, sign it, and leave it on your door on the day of delivery. So long as you live some place where it's safe to have packages left at your door, it works great. I used to do this all the time because I couldn't stay home to sign for the package in person.
Great thx for the info

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.