Pre-sign for iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ThunderApple, Apr 28, 2010.

1. ThunderApple macrumors 6502

I ordered a iPad from MacMall and its shipped by Ground and im not 100% but im sure its gonna need a signature. Does anyone know how to pre-sign a form so they leave it at the door instead of redelivery it the next day??
    Too much trouble of asking them to go next door so does anyone know how to pre-sign a form? Be great.

2. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

You should be able to pre-sign using the form on your order details page.

3. JBazz macrumors 6502

The only time I have presigned for a delivery, I had to print out the form, sign it and tape it to my front door.

4. gswilder macrumors regular

I know Apple usually allows presigning especially with Fedex. Not sure about others. Fedex is a lot easier to pickup same day if you are not at home. UPS seems to be more of a hassle.

5. raw911 macrumors regular

once you get a tracking you will see a link to "pre-sign for this order" i usually do it for fedex and UPS [even if home] cause what they do is they pull up to house and automatically start filling out that sticker they leave on the door that u wasnt home and haul A** ... specially UPS ive caught that guy right when he got to my door and was putting sticker on door [didnt ring door bell at all] and i opened door and he was suprised ... so i called UPS cause i had to drive all the way to pick up package 2 days before cause of this and they told me that due to time issues drivers are trained to have that sticker already filled out before he gets out truck cause if he went to door rang bell then went back to truck to fill out it would be an extra 5min and if you miltiplied that by say 50 stops thats alot of time he would loose on his route...

also where i live unless there is a deer or bear that is in dire need .... no chance of it being stolen off porch .. but i would not leave it there for long would have neighbor get it ...

6. PsyD4Me macrumors 6502a

PsyD4Me

easy as pie

7. Travisimo macrumors 6502a

Just remember, if you pre-sign and have them leave it unattended, both Apple and FedEx are absolved of all responsibility if the iPad is stolen. I would only pre-sign if you know it'll be safe. I was tempted to do this myself when the WIFI model shipped, but eventually thought better of it and made sure I was available to sign. You could always ask a friend or family member to sign for you if they are willing to wait around for you if you can't be there. Or you could always pick it up yourself, but most likely not on Friday.

8. ThunderApple thread starter macrumors 6502

Can anyone help me find it for UPS? I cant find a pre-sign form ANYWHERE for my package. Can anyone help?

9. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Contact MacMall CS. They should have the form on their site. Alternatively you can contact UPS at 800-PICK-UPS.

10. SDub90 macrumors 6502a

Does the tracking number show that a signature is required? I usually just leave a note asking to leave it somewhere or give it to a neighbor and have the tracking number on the note with my signature. He always leaves it - don't know if it's acceptable or if he's just doing it as a favor for me since he stops by my place every other day (if not more frequently).

11. emaja macrumors 68000

It does require a signature on mine.

Glad to hear it is FedEx. They drop by much earlier than UPS and I will be out and about at the time UPS normally stops by.

12. ThunderApple thread starter macrumors 6502

Where would it say it needed a signature? Mine is by UPS. Should it say it requires a signature somewhere?

13. emaja macrumors 68000

Not sure for UPS, but for FedEx shows it here -

[​IMG]

14. gwynne macrumors 68000

gwynne

I'm not trying to get anyone riled up, but I seem to remember some people saying during the WiFi launch that UPS was ignoring the pre-signed authorizations (i.e., not leaving the packages). Different company, though.