Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fatherlytoaster

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2012
I work nights and I most likely will be sleeping when my phone arrives on Friday. I don't really want to stay up all damn day waiting for it if I can just pre-sign or something for it. Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks in advance.

mr99

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2014
If it is FedEx, I believe you can pre sign for it. Someone might have a thread link or more info.

leenak

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2011
Yeah I know I've seen links around here but basically you leave the following on a note:
Your tracking ID
Your name
Your signature
where you would like it left

Fedex will do it but I don't think UPS will

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
If you ordered direct from Apple yes. When your order goes to "shipped" you will see a place on your order online that allows you to pre-sign. Same goes if they shipped via UPS.

If you bough from another company then it depends on how they shipped -- indirect or direct signature. If it's indirect you can leave a note. If it's direct someone at the house must sign in person.

With FedEx you can also redirect to a FedEx Office location for pickup -- just sign up for Delivery Manager. You can do this w/ UPS too before first delivery attempt but they charge for priveledge. You can arrange for p/u after the first delivery attempt for free. If you call the shipper before first attempt they can arrange for p/u at the UPS station at no extra charge if they are willing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.