Pre-testing ur new iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aerove, Jul 18, 2010.

1. aerove macrumors 6502

aerove

I just reserved my iPhone at the apple store and I had these questions before I pick up my iPhone..

- Do u get to test the phone ? I mean as soon as u purchase it I'm guessing they will activate it for u.. At that point if u detect a antenna issue and are not satisfied will they replace it for u ? Has. Anyone had that happen to them ? I just can't wait to pick mine up :rolleyes: :)

- It also doesn't seem like they have the bumpers in stock and the apple store guy told me that they won't have them in stock anymore.. Does that mean another long wait for the bumper :( can I just buy them from an AT&T store and will the apple store refund me for it ?

2. skiltrip macrumors 68030

- on your first point. if you touch "the spot" it's probably going to drop bars. they all do it. I tested this on 5-6 different iPhones at my local Apple Store, on 2 different visits, a week and a half apart. They all did it. Use a case, and don't use this metric as a make or break thing, cause you might as well not buy one at all if that's the case.

- on your second point, buy a $1 ebay case for the time being, then sign up for your free Apple case after you get your iPhone. With the kind of rush they're sure to get, you'll probably get the cheap $1 case from Hong Kong faster.

3. aerove thread starter macrumors 6502

aerove

hmm i actually saw a bumper in a at&t store.. so can i just go pick it up and take the receipt to a apple store and get paid for it ?

4. skiltrip macrumors 68030

Apple hasn't stated officially HOW they are going to handle the free case / bumper refund stuff. It should be this week though. Just keep an eye on Apple.com and you should be able to find out. Or just call AppleCare and ask them tomorrow.

5. Sinfire macrumors regular

Just a note that not all phones lose signal by touching the spot. My phone works great wether I am touching the spot or not.

As for the case, it all depends on how well you want to protect your investment. If it is minimal protection, then go with the free bumper. If you are looking for something that will give your phone a higher chance of surviving when it is accidentally dropped, then look at a 3rd party case that covers the sides and at least the back of the phone.

6. aerove thread starter macrumors 6502

aerove

picked mine up.. feels like the proximity sensor is a bit ultra sensitive but it hasnt affected my calls till now.. as for the antenna issue.. its not at all a issue.. i'm getting much better coverage than my 3G .. however there seems to be a 1-2 bar drop but it picks up right then without me removing my finger...

overall i LOVE IT!!! :D