Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

happyprozak

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 21, 2008
My prediction for Apple Watch for Q3 or Q4 is that Apple Watch will again release more bands but this time it will be in partnership with a major franchise, probably Disney given their close relationship.

We've already seen Apple partner with luxury brand Hermes and now we will see them do something similar mimicking the Swiss Swatch brand.

We will see colorful bands that come with custom watch faces to match a particular band. This is something Swatch does where you see the whole watch from band to face that carries a uniform art direction. I can picture a special edition where the watch casing is laser engraved with art that continues the art from the band to the face.

It's just an idea I have that I think would be interesting to see done.

Would you like to see Apple head in this direction to spice up the fashion accessory aspect of the watch?

happyprozak

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 21, 2008
No. I have no use for a Little Mermaid or Frozen watch.

It doesn't have to be limited to Disney characters like the little mermaid. Watch brands like Seiko make Star Wars franchised watches if that says anything. I think Disney characters would work well to try and sell watches to younger demographics like kids and hipsters hahaha.

But you're thinking small.

Apple can make limited edition versions created by renowned artists.

People want more watch faces and apple wants more money so they sell you a band with a watch face.

The Hermes partnership is nice but out of reach for the average buyer.

Apple can do something serious or something colorful and playful. The limits are just the imagination.

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
It doesn't have to be limited to Disney characters like the little mermaid. Watch brands like Seiko make Star Wars franchised watches if that says anything. I think Disney characters would work well to try and sell watches to younger demographics like kids and hipsters hahaha.

But you're thinking small.

Apple can make limited edition versions created by renowned artists.

People want more watch faces and apple wants more money so they sell you a band with a watch face.

The Hermes partnership is nice but out of reach for the average buyer.

Apple can do something serious or something colorful and playful. The limits are just the imagination.
I see your point. I am a designer so I don't think small. For those who want Hermes - being expensive keeps it exclusive. I am not in agreement with cheaper. I previously suggested partnership with Burberry. This is not a kids watch.

BarracksSi

Suspended
Jul 14, 2015
Apple has no reason to make Disney bands (or Muppets, or Marvel Comics, or Star Wars, or Pixar, since they're all under the same umbrella now anyway). Anyone else can make them.

happyprozak

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 21, 2008
Apple has no reason to make Disney bands (or Muppets, or Marvel Comics, or Star Wars, or Pixar, since they're all under the same umbrella now anyway). Anyone else can make them.

It's not just the band, it's having a watch face to match the way the Hermes band has an exclusive watch face.

And it doesn't have to be a Disney license. It can be artists doing something abstract.

Apple doesn't have to make them but until Apple allows custom watch faces an idea like this can't be done without Apples blessing.

Reactions: Simche
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.