Prediction for Next MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by groove-agent, Feb 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. groove-agent, Feb 13, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2012

groove-agent macrumors 6502a

groove-agent

I might be stating the obvious here, but given rumors regarding the new MBPs adopting a MB Air form factor, plus the fact that the OS is no longer included on a disk, would it be safe to assume the new MBPs will not have an optical drive?

I welcome the tapered MBA chassis, since the current MBP has sharp edges which dig into my wrists while typing. However I"m going to miss the opportunity to swap out my optical drive for a second hard drive. However, with the new Thunderbolt drives, an external second drive on a high speed bus is now doable.

However if they do adopt the new MBA form factor, will they be limited to internal SSDs or have enough room for a full 2.5" mechanical disk drive?

Hmmmm...

2. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

There are so many threads on this topic I couldn't even begin to list them all.

And yes, you're asking questions everyone else has. Nobody will know anything until some reliable leaks come out like they always do.

3. arctic macrumors 6502a

arctic

Your guess (and everyone else's) is as good as mine. This has been discussed at length already if you care to read around.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.