prediction: ipad mini will become more popular than ipad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by lowlypeace, Oct 25, 2012.

1. lowlypeace macrumors member

in a year or two iPad mini could end up selling better than the standard iPad, especially when they put in a retina display.

I mean, you will be able to do pretty much everything that you can on an iPad, but its handier, in all situations to use

2. darkknight11 macrumors member

that's the whole point ;) apple dominates 10" inch market - sells 100 million with original sized ipad. now comes the mini...and now they will dominate the 7-8" inch market and sell another 100 or more!

3. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

4. Jonnyfive macrumors regular

I see your point. Personally I thought about it and for work, and the size of the keyboard (the regular ipad keyboard being full size) I would prefer the full sized ipad.

I am getting the mini for my wife so we will see if it can convince me that smaller is better.

5. gadget123 macrumors 68000

Wrong.

People will realise you need a full size one to enjoy everything about iPad.

6. lowlypeace thread starter macrumors member

the landscape keyboard size is the one issue that could be slightly annoying

7. shurcooL macrumors 6502a

Personally, I'm getting an LTE iPad mini to replace my iPhone. Apple won't make a 5-6" smartphone, so I have to settle with the iPad mini.

8. Poochi macrumors 6502a

Poochi

iPad mini will open up a new market segment meanwhile it will cannibalize existing iPad population and move those who were better served with a smaller device to the mini.

----------

It's a good idea, with a bluetooth headset and siri... it's actually a GREAT idea.

9. lowlypeace thread starter macrumors member

I have the galaxy note - which almost does everything - however it has a pentile matrix, which means if you look close you notice little black pixels, even though it has almost 300 dpi - and I don't like android os - the stylus is cool though

I was thinking yesterday, if only apple would allow the phone capability in the iPad mini - i would sell the iphone