PREDICTION: iWeb / iLife 2010 to create HTML 5 Content for Tablet / iTunes Store

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by netdog, Jan 27, 2010.

1. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

You can take this one to the bank.

iWeb and the 2010 iLife Suite will be designed to publish using HTML 5 features to support production of presentations for Tablet content.

Will regular folks now be able to publish free content and pay content (for a percentage) through the iTunes store? (or whatever the store is called after today) Will there be a version of iLife for iPhone? That all remains to be seen.

Really looking forward to iWeb with HTML 5 extensions, and to whatever other HTML 5 content creation tools and extensions come with the new iLife package later today. Should be a great show about much more than just the tablet.

2. netdog thread starter macrumors 603

netdog

This place is so focussed on the hardware that I am not sure people are getting what's important about the presentation coming up today.

The tablet is but one device among many that will support a new publishing standard to be distributed both as Web content and in protected documents through the iTunes store.

I really think iLife is destined to become the everyman's solution to publishing content, both free and for pay, through the iTunes Store (or whatever the publishing wing of the iTunes store is called), and it's going to be a big deal.

While creating apps for the App Store still generally requires some programming skills, using iLife in tandem with Apple's content distribution center will enable almost anyone to get their stuff into Apple's channel.

For my money, that's a lot more interesting than the over-sized iPhone that will still admittedly be a nice gadget for media consumption and perhaps even creation.

3. netdog thread starter macrumors 603

netdog

Nothing like friendly demi-gods.

Whatever you think, people are going nuts about the device here and elsewhere, whereas the CREATION theme today is about something much more exciting than...wait for it...a big iPod Touch with a 3G data option.

You're missing the point of what is going to be a very exciting vision presented by Jobs today.

You really think the super iPod touch is what he is saying is the greatest thing that he has ever created? Oh, ok.

The iLife release is going to be an exciting part of the vision.

Most of the editors and readership here seem to have missed that point.

4. Corrode macrumors 6502a

Corrode

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Why?

It will not have any affect on music or video playback. 64bit isn't some magical panacea that makes computers run better. In some cases it can make an application run slower, and consume more resources.

6. Badradio macrumors 6502

I think you're on to something here. The tablet just doesn't feel like an Apple device - what can it do that other eReaders/tablets can't? The iPod dominates because of the integration with iPod/iTunes, but an eBook store isn't going to change demand for an eReader that much. Now if Apple create a mechanism removing all barriers to publication and direct consumption by the end-user, now that is a convergence product.

I hope you're right; not just because of what it would immediately deliver, but because of the bombshell it would drop on the stagnant creative industries.

7. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

Editors here really never had a point because original content posted on Macrumors is close to zero. It is one of the many reasons why Macrumors is never invited to Apple events while other sites like AppleInsider is.

Anyways, your vision makes a lot of sense. Would be interesting to see what Jobs has to say about it in a couple of hours.

8. Mr. Wonderful macrumors 6502a

Extensive rewrite to make the program not be such a dog?

9. netdog thread starter macrumors 603

netdog

Oh yes, what we need is a 64-bit iTunes. That will change our lives. Why didn't I think of that?