Predictions for Black Friday?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by einmusiker, Oct 27, 2015.

1. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

im hoping to pick up a ps4 with 2 controllers (and maybe a game bundled) for under 250. Thoughts? Experiences?

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

USAToday is reporting that REI will be closed on Black Friday. #OptOutside

3. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I predict at least one person will die in a stampede at Wal-Mart. I predict Best Buy will mark up their TVs 40% the week before Black Friday only to have a 30% off sale on Black Friday. I predict Target will run out of the crappy tablets they have on sale as a doorbuster. And I predict I'll do all my Black Friday shopping on Amazon while laying on a beach and testing the limits of "all you can drink" at an all-inclusive resort in the Dominican Republic.

Have fun in line fools :p

4. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

I predict both online and physical stores will use it as an excuse to sell last years model or other stuff nobody wants off slightly cheaper.

5. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

Yeah, I just got an email about that. Good. Keep the loonies from picking over an awesome store.

6. einmusiker thread starter macrumors 68030

einmusiker

I should have been more clear. I only plan to shop for a few items online and not necessarily on that Friday

7. Zenithal macrumors 68040

Really wanting to pick up a few SSDs. Either Samsung Pros or Crucial MX200s in the highest volume available.

8. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

My predictions for Black Friday.

A bunch of ass holes will get up at stupid o'clock or not even sleep to wait on ridiculous lines, fight people to get into the store to save a few bucks on something they probably don't even need. Even worse, the so-called deal will likely be an older model and only a few will be available at that price.

9. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

I wouldn't hold my breath. Maybe used.

10. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

If I can find a 950 Pro on newegg for cheap I'll get it.

11. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

This pretty much! Hahahaha.... beat me to the punch especially about someone getting shot, stabbed, robbed, or trampled during the may-lay known as "Run through the doors when they open at Wal-Mart!" Event of the year!!!

12. Zenithal macrumors 68040

Duh. But I can't believe people don't shop from Amazon. They've had some amazing deals the last six years I've been I a customer with them. My wife has been a customer for longer than I have and I always blew her suggestions of shopping for what I need off because I figured in store would be cheaper. It can depending on the item, but stores pricematch to Amazon provided Amazon is the main seller. I saved roughly 900 dollars last year by shopping from Amazon, and a few thousand just in 2012 for Thanksgiving Week/Cyber Monday and Christmas. Prime and the book subscriptions only add to the awesomeness that's Amazon.

Sit at home, drinking home made hot chocolate with some peppermint extract or booze if your in-laws are staying over, and not having to worry about being stabbed.

13. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

why do people act like such apes on black friday?

14. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Only thing I really want this year is to find a cheap 500GB SSD.

15. chown33 macrumors 604

You don't know my in-laws.

16. The Clark macrumors regular

The Clark

You my friend, are an inspiration.