Predictions for Black Friday?

yg17

macrumors G5
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
I predict at least one person will die in a stampede at Wal-Mart. I predict Best Buy will mark up their TVs 40% the week before Black Friday only to have a 30% off sale on Black Friday. I predict Target will run out of the crappy tablets they have on sale as a doorbuster. And I predict I'll do all my Black Friday shopping on Amazon while laying on a beach and testing the limits of "all you can drink" at an all-inclusive resort in the Dominican Republic.

Have fun in line fools :p

Zenithal

macrumors G3
Sep 10, 2009
Really wanting to pick up a few SSDs. Either Samsung Pros or Crucial MX200s in the highest volume available.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
My predictions for Black Friday.

A bunch of ass holes will get up at stupid o'clock or not even sleep to wait on ridiculous lines, fight people to get into the store to save a few bucks on something they probably don't even need. Even worse, the so-called deal will likely be an older model and only a few will be available at that price.

Reactions: determined09

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
I predict at least one person will die in a stampede at Wal-Mart. I predict Best Buy will mark up their TVs 40% the week before Black Friday only to have a 30% off sale on Black Friday. I predict Target will run out of the crappy tablets they have on sale as a doorbuster. And I predict I'll do all my Black Friday shopping on Amazon while laying on a beach and testing the limits of "all you can drink" at an all-inclusive resort in the Dominican Republic.

This pretty much! Hahahaha.... beat me to the punch especially about someone getting shot, stabbed, robbed, or trampled during the may-lay known as "Run through the doors when they open at Wal-Mart!" Event of the year!!!

Zenithal

macrumors G3
Sep 10, 2009
This pretty much! Hahahaha.... beat me to the punch especially about someone getting shot, stabbed, robbed, or trampled during the may-lay known as "Run through the doors when they open at Wal-Mart!" Event of the year!!!
Duh. But I can't believe people don't shop from Amazon. They've had some amazing deals the last six years I've been I a customer with them. My wife has been a customer for longer than I have and I always blew her suggestions of shopping for what I need off because I figured in store would be cheaper. It can depending on the item, but stores pricematch to Amazon provided Amazon is the main seller. I saved roughly 900 dollars last year by shopping from Amazon, and a few thousand just in 2012 for Thanksgiving Week/Cyber Monday and Christmas. Prime and the book subscriptions only add to the awesomeness that's Amazon.

Sit at home, drinking home made hot chocolate with some peppermint extract or booze if your in-laws are staying over, and not having to worry about being stabbed.

The Clark

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2013
Victoria, BC

You my friend, are an inspiration.