Predictions for First Verizon iPhone 4 Commercial

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MarximusMG, Jan 17, 2011.

1. MarximusMG macrumors 6502a

MarximusMG

When do you expect to see the first one? What is Verizon going to emphasize in the commercial to set them apart from AT&T? Any thoughts?

2. jw nyc macrumors 6502a

I don't know if you're going to a see a separate Verizon iPhone commercial. AT&T was never allowed to have commercials for any of their 4 iPhones (they're always Apple commercials) and I doubt Apple is going to say anything to make one carrier seem better than the other. They'll probably just market it as the iPhone 4 now with your choice of carrier (or something to that effect).

3. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

How do you know that?

4. jw nyc macrumors 6502a

B/c they never have!

And Apple is obviously very controlling of their marketing.

5. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

They weren't with Verizon and the iPad.

6. jw nyc macrumors 6502a

That commercial is more for their MiFi than the iPad and I'm sure they got Apple to sign off on it before being aired.

7. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

Verizon could always use their old ads where they were blasting the iPhone and bragging about their own crappy phones........ :eek:

Maybe change them a little..... :D

8. MarximusMG thread starter macrumors 6502a

MarximusMG

And this is one of the reasons I'm wondering if we'll see an iPhone specific one from Verizon. I know AT&T hasn't put out any iPhone specific ads in the past, but things may change. Regardless, I'm just waiting for some sort of commercial which acknowledges the Verizon iPhone 4, and I'm interested in seeing how it does so.

9. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Apple didn't stop Verizon from advertising the iPad. Apple doesn't stop Best Buy from advertising Macs (in print). Apple lets lots of different people advertise Apple products. Why would they make this one exception?

I think it's more likely that at&t didn't make ads because Apple was already making tons of them and paying to air them. In other words, why would at&t spend money on something they were already getting for free? There was no reason to.

Now they have a reason. I bet this will change really soon.

10. InsanelyApple macrumors 6502

InsanelyApple

11. huskerchad macrumors regular

In the past, an iPhone commercial WAS an AT&T commercial. There was no need for a separate one.

I won't be a bit surprised to see Verizon-specific iPhone commercials, and they'll emphasize the only differences they can--data plans and network reliability.

12. smokescreen220 macrumors regular

smokescreen220

...maybe, but it will be intresting to see how "reliable" verizon's network will be with all the
    iPhone activity it's about to get hit with

13. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

All Verizon needs to say in the commercial is, "We have it, now"

14. saberahul macrumors 68040

"We have it now - be prepared to empty out your wallet!"

15. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

ATT may not have run TV ads specific to the iphone but they did a ton of print ads with the iPhone.

16. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

I would say do another round of "there is a map for that"
    Those ads I though were great.

17. jas1973 macrumors 6502

well i heard a good commercial today for the Verizon iphone

the local Verizon store does a spot on my local radio station once a week. and the owner of the store ( he has two locations) sits in and talks cell phones. anyway the radio hosts asked him about the upcoming release of the new iphone with Verizon and the media storm it is creating. Well the owner of this Verizon store did not see what the big deal was and all he talked about was the many droid devices they already have that do what the iphone does and more. And that people ask for the iphone and when he asks why? their response usually is well i don't know i just heard a lot about it. So according to him the iphone was just a lot of marketing hype over a phone that does a lot less then the droids can. He had no idea what he was talking about. He stated that you could not tether with the iphone like you can a with a droid. how the hard drive and memory is not expandable with an iphone like it is with a droid. Basically giving the same sales pitch as they did before they could offer an iphone from Verizon.

He sounded like a real jackass and if this is how verizon is gonna market the verizon iphone apple will be pretty pissed off. anyway im sure it is a small isolated incident and what his real reason for trashing a new product line was is beyond me, but it was just funny to listen to him talk about the iphone which he obviously knew nothing about.

18. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Sounds like your local Verizon store is not a Verizon store at all but simply an authorized dealer. Oh, he also pays to be on the radio every week.

19. jas1973 macrumors 6502

yes that is all 100 percent correct. That must be what it is, an authorized dealer. But all they sell is Verizon so i wasn't sure how it worked. i know the same guy handles cellular-one back in the day. And yes his radio spots are paid advertisements. I have to listen to this old hillbilly once a week, lol