Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ghsDUDE

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 25, 2010
Had to remove it immediately. It's sickening to watch all the words fly by as you're trying to type.

Anyone else remove it?

hasanahmad

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2009
Had to remove it immediately. It's sickening to watch all the words fly by as you're trying to type.

Anyone else remove it?

you DO know it learns as you type more right? that is the whole purpose of adaptive learning predictability. if you have more patience for it then it will work as advertised.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
The stock Apple keyboard is pretty poor. I'm really liking Swype so far, but I'm using Swiftkey at the moment. They're both better than stock, at least in my opinion.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
i can never use auto correct or predictive keyboard stuff. German has too much slang and shortening it never gets what i am trying to say.

i also type so fast that its easier to just type it all out instead of looking at the suggestions and picking one, by that time i am nearly done writing a whole sentence myself

ghsDUDE

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 25, 2010
SwiftKey so far is awesome. Being able to sync your style of typing accross devices is awesome.

Tried SwiftKey and it was cool, but I think I kay just stick with the main app. With two fingers (thumbs) I'm pretty fast and accurate.

If you go into the notepad and start typing with SwiftKey it covers the sentences as you get lower (probably a glitch) and I'm not a fan of how the developer has access to everything you type.

j0han

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2010
Sweden
SwiftKey all the way. Just wait for it to update with Swedish also. But used Swift back in the days when i was trying out Android. Was a killer app. The best thing i miss with Android. So really glad that Apple decide to open up 3rd party apps for keyboards.

ghsDUDE

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 25, 2010
Sickening??

I love it!

Nauseating? I don't know. To much popping and flashing on the screen as I typed.

And I agree with the poster above, I type quicker than it would take for me to look at what it's suggesting.

----------

Obviously reasonable to dismiss a predictive keyboard after 15 minutes

I don't want to look for words when I can type them faster.

Padmini

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2014

Anyone else remove it?

No. Its great. I use all the time, and have for months. No need for me to install gimmicky 3rd party keyboards either. This one gets it right.

Hustler1337

macrumors 68000
Dec 23, 2010
London, UK
Guys, I know I'm going off on a tangent here, but how do you install Swiftkey? I've downloaded and run the app but cannot see any sign of it in the keyboard or in the keyboard settings. Where am I going wrong?

The tutorial itself on Swiftkey is buggy, I can't even get past the first screen!

Thanks

Edit: here's the screenshot of where it's buggy - it won't let you select the button 'Note' but instead clicking on it presses the keyboard button underneath. Also, notice how the whole screen view is out of line.

image.jpg

Anyone else having this problem? Tried rebooting and also quitting and re-opening the app. No help. :(

Last edited:

ghsDUDE

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 25, 2010
Also - does the text seem a little smaller now too?

When I get emails or read messages the text looks a little bit smaller.

avanpelt

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
Guys, I know I'm going off on a tangent here, but how do you install Swiftkey? I've downloaded and run the app but cannot see any sign of it in the keyboard or in the keyboard settings. Where am I going wrong?

The tutorial itself on Swiftkey is buggy, I can't even get past the first screen!

Thanks

Are you sure you downloaded SwiftKey and not SwiftKey Note? They are two separate apps. SwiftKey installed flawlessly on my 5s. All I did was install the SwiftKey app, go to Settings --> General --> Keyboards, add the SwiftKey keyboard and then give it full access.

Hustler1337

macrumors 68000
Dec 23, 2010
London, UK
Are you sure you downloaded SwiftKey and not SwiftKey Note? They are two separate apps. SwiftKey installed flawlessly on my 5s. All I did was install the SwiftKey app, go to Settings --> General --> Keyboards, add the SwiftKey keyboard and then give it full access.

I've downloaded Swiftkey Note, that's the only Swiftkey in the search results. Maybe it's not released in the UK yet?

image.jpg

Thanks for your help.

ghsDUDE

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 25, 2010
I've downloaded Swiftkey Note, that's the only Swiftkey in the search results. Maybe it's not released in the UK yet?

image.jpg

Thanks for your help.

Go directly to their website and download it. You have the wrong app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.