Predictive text won't work after beta 4

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by PrinceKris, Jul 23, 2014.

1. PrinceKris macrumors newbie

I cannot seem to get my predictive text to work after beta 4. I have tried restarting my phone and switching predictive text on and off. I just have what looks like a pull down scroll bar.

2. davjan macrumors newbie

Cant give you a answer , but got related question

Does predictive text onlusten works in english , im dutch and never SER predictive text , it is enable in setting but See nothing if i use keyboard

3. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Apple's website says QuickType is available for the following:

Supported languages include English optimized for the U.S., UK, Canada and Australia; French; German; Italian; Portuguese optimized for Brazil; Spanish; and Thai. And, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese and Japanese Kanji input also continue to feature predictive input.

OP, can you post a screenshot with what it looks like for you?

4. PrinceKris thread starter macrumors newbie

[​IMG]

5. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

You have the predictive text bar hidden. See that darker grey area above your keyboard? There's a little pull bar in the middle there, pull up on that and it will expose the predictive text bar again.

6. PrinceKris thread starter macrumors newbie

OMG I FEEL LAME!!! I tried to pull it down and nothing!!! I didn't even try to pull up!!! LOL THANKS SO MUCH!!!

7. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Yeah, they need a better way to let people know how do un-hide that, because it's really easy to hide accidentally.

8. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

Pretty sure they will once it hits the public. Might even see it in the tips app.