Predictive Typing Gone!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by galaxy7, Jan 7, 2016.

1. galaxy7 macrumors member

So I got up this morning and something odd happened to my 6S. The battery did not die and I did not power down and restart, but when I grabbed my phone, it required the passcode to enter. That caught my attention, but didn't think much of it. However, when I went into text messages, my predictive typing was completely gone. I went and found it in settings and it was turned off. So, I turned it back on and it returned. However, now that little white bar to hide or restore the predictive words right there in the message is now gone and I don't have the option to hide the predictive words. It's either permanently fixed or completely removed by turning it off in settings. I have not installed an update or anything recently. This just happened out of the blue. Any ideas??

2. cableguy84, Jan 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2016

cableguy84 macrumors 6502a

cableguy84

there is normally a little white bar above the keyboard you can use to drag it up. you may have slided it down by mistake

3. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

That white bar won't turn it off in settings, just for messages. However, if you tap and hold the emoji (or other text button) it will bring up a screen that will let you toggle it in settings.

4. galaxy7 thread starter macrumors member

I found it. Sorry...thanks for the help guys!