Prefer Ipad 1 shape to Ipad 2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gadget123, May 3, 2011.

1. gadget123, May 3, 2011
    Last edited: May 3, 2011

gadget123 macrumors 68000

I finally got my Ipad 2 love how slim and light it is, sits flat too.

However I miss the old Ipad for position of speakers, when sitting flat I could get the on switch without lifting it up, so not as keen on the curved Ipod design. The Ipad 2 is less like Iphone 4. Also the Ipad 2 is smooth quite liked Ipad 1 being a bit less smooth.

However I like both designs..anybody else a fan of the old design?

2. MrMac'n'Cheese macrumors 6502a

MrMac'n'Cheese

I prefer the sharp, thinner, tear drop designs of the Macbook Air and iPad 2.

The blocky square shaped is not my cup of tea.

3. bobbleheadbob macrumors 6502a

bobbleheadbob

Yeah, I liked the shape of the first one better, too. But the thinness of the iPad 2 pretty much makes up for it. To bad you can't have both!

4. Roofy. macrumors 6502a

I originally liked the first ipad better especially seeing the leaked photos of it. But after trying them out in the store a bunch of times I like the new ipad alot more. the thinness of it along with the smart cover is so slick. Even if the ipad 2 was only a design change (along with the color of white) and nothing else I would still take the new one over it.

5. Blakjack macrumors 68000

Blakjack

U can get to the buttons. Don't exaggerate, but they are a little tougher to reach.

6. PCClone macrumors 6502a

Second one is twice as good that is why it is the iPad 2.

7. Applenewstoday macrumors regular

Applenewstoday

I like the design of the iPad 2. People like thin tech, it's just a nice thing. HOWEVER, I personally prefer the thicker, curved, and wall-like edge design of the iPad 1. Buttons are easier to reach, it's easier to pick up, and honestly, I think it feels better built for some reason. Like if I were to ever drop it, it wouldn't break as easily as the iPad 2.

Like I said, things like thinner, flatter, and cameras are all nice things, but not for a 10" tablet.