Preference Error

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gw0gvq, Mar 26, 2016.

1. gw0gvq Contributor

gw0gvq

Whenever I try to sign in to iCloud with my Macbook Pro I get the Preference Error, 'Could not load iCloud' Has anyone else had this or is anyone els getting it? I'm wondering if its a sign that my hard drive may be on its way out.

2. priorytools macrumors newbie

It's not your hdd. Do a Google for the message that you're getting.
    I & several colleagues are getting it … I've not had time to get into resolving it. It's a mail palarver I believe …

3. gw0gvq thread starter Contributor

gw0gvq

Yes I've tryed gppgling it to no avail, I kn ow now its not a hardware but a software issue because I did an internet restore to Mavericks and it worked ok but when I upgraded to El Capitan , with a clean install I tried opening system preferences and I couldn't click , iCloud , because the preference error had rebut\rned . It must be something to do with the update.

4. priorytools macrumors newbie

Try turning iff icloud. Trash all the icloud prefs. Restart. Then turnon iCloud again.

5. gw0gvq thread starter Contributor

gw0gvq

I tried that but every time I try to turn it off it won't and then the preference error comes up again and Its back to the way it is .

6. duervo macrumors 68000

duervo

Sign out of iCloud from all of your apple devices (Macs, iPhone, and iPad) before trying to sign back in on any of them.

7. gw0gvq thread starter Contributor

gw0gvq

I can't because on my iPhone and iPad i tap settings goto iCloud but whenever I tap iCloud from there it crashes back to the home screen without warning and there's no error message.

8. duervo macrumors 68000

duervo

1. Open web browser.

2. Go to www.icloud.com

3. Sign in with your Apple ID.

4. Click on your name in upper right.

5. Click on iCloud Settings.

6. Click on any device in "My Devices".

7. Go through every device and click the little blue circle with the X in it for every device to remove it from iCloud.

8. For good measure, scroll down to bottom of page and click on "Sign Out Of All Browsers".

9. Sign back in to iCloud from all your Apple stuff.

9. gw0gvq thread starter Contributor

gw0gvq

No Good Didn't work , Apparently  say its my account , But they're long winded in sorting it out if they know what it is