preference>international>region

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by cryptorchid, Aug 19, 2008.

1. cryptorchid macrumors newbie

Hello all,

When I went overseas to study I changed my region to the UK. However, when I came back to Malaysia for my summer holidays and subsequently set the region to Malaysia I noticed that Malay is the only language selectable and not English. The default region setting when I bought the machine, called Malaysia(English) seems to have disappeared and is not in the dropdown box. I have tried googling for solutions to reinstate the aforementioned setting but have found none. Any response will be much appreciated. Many thanks.

With regards,
    Cryptorchid

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Selamat datang to MacRumors :).

The drop down box found in System Preferences - International - Formats - Region show a list depending on what you choose to be the top language in System Preferences - International - Language

For example if I set Malay to be my language of choice then the options I get for the region are

Picture 3.png Picture 1.png

United Kingdom (English) is there as it was my last active setting and will in fact disappear from the list if I choose another option. To get it back into the list I have to go an set British English to be my language of choice.

There seems to be something not quite right about how this works so it may be a case of playing around with the settings to get the exact options you want. You may have to dig through the edit list to find the language you want

Picture 5.png

Hope this helps answer you question, if not feel free to ask as many questions as you want and I'll try and help :)

3. cryptorchid thread starter macrumors newbie

Terima kasih mate. :)

You've been very helpful but I've played with the settings like you said and I just can't seem to get the desired result. The time and date was still in Malay. Nothing much I can do there. Again, many thanks.

4. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

If you could post screenshots of the windows in question (Language and Formats) and explain the exact results you would like then I would be willing to see if I could replicate it on my system.

To take a screenshot press cmd+shift+4 and drag the crosshairs over the area you want to take a picture of or cmd+shift+spacebar+4 to take a picture of the whole window. Then you can upload the pictures here by using the paper clip icon in the forum window.

Picture 12.png

5. cryptorchid thread starter macrumors newbie