General preferences from deleted tweaks

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by adamj575, Feb 11, 2013.

1. adamj575 macrumors 6502

adamj575

I have noticed that if I delete a tweak and then reinstall it, it will pick up exactly where it left off....is there any way to delete all traces of the tweak and make it like it was never there to begin with?...ive tried cleaning with iclean but recently after I reinstalled barrel it kept all of my previous config....im not too concerned about it other than the fact that I like to try out tweaks and then realizing i dont need them ill delete them...i really hate for all of them to be leaving useless files behind that I dont need...

2. HankHowdy macrumors 68040

HankHowdy

3. adamj575 thread starter macrumors 6502

adamj575

4. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Go to Springtomize settings, scroll all the way down to the bottom. Select more, then you'll see Settings Files. You can go in here and swipe to delete whichever files are no longer needed after you remove a package in Cydia. It's also useful for troubleshooting purposes or when you want clean reinstall of a package. Whether you remove a package or just reinstall, the settings and setup for that package will remain in tact. You can use springtomize to remove this data. Whenever I permanently remove a package I always go into springtomize and delete the associate files. I also use iCleaner and iFile but springtomize is a good starting point.

5. adamj575 thread starter macrumors 6502

adamj575

Thanks man...that got it...I also use iclean and I bought ifile...how do I use ifile to clean things up?...sorry for acting so noobish....I actually do know what I'm doing...not with ifile though...lol