Preferences Problem..please help

Discussion in 'macOS' started by stasia, Oct 23, 2007.

1. stasia macrumors newbie

Hey everyone,

I have a rather annoying problem on my MacBook. Everytime I take the power adapter out of my macbook, it shuts down. I've tried to change the settings of the power source in energy saver menu to battery, and i lock it to keep the changes. but everytime i go back it has changed back to power adapter as the power source. so annoying cause i can't use it without plugging it in..

anyone know why my settings won't lock and stay as i choose? everything else is fine its just the energy saver menu in system preferences.

thanks!!!!

2. maccaa macrumors newbie

Once its shut down after pulling the cable, will it just boot up as normal on the battery? ie all works fine on battery or mains just that you have an issue when you are working on mains and then pull the adapter out? Edit: just read this bit "so annoying cause i can't use it without plugging it in.." guess it could be the same problem,

I ask this as my wife's mac book (bought around xmas 06) worked fine when connected to mains. If you pulled the connector it would just shut down BUT it would then not boot up on battery.

I have a macbook too so we tried my battery in her mac and all was well again.

Bottom line, it was a faulty battery. Reported it to Apple, old battery picked up and new battery supplied within 48hrs :) excellent customer service.

Hope this helps