preferred dock to use with case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mdwsta4, Aug 20, 2009.

1. mdwsta4 macrumors 65816

i never used a case with my first gen and always put my phone in the dock to charge. since picking up a 3GS i alternate between an Osir CF case and Incipio Feather. both are extremely thin, but neither fit in the 3G/3GS dock from Apple.
    As much as i like the Xtand, it doesn't fit with a case (unless you bend the points), and it doesn't really charge your phone unless you manually plug in the cable.

i really like Griffin's powerdock, but don't need the dual charger (other ipod charges in the car). shame they only offer 2 and 4 chargers and not a single one.
    [​IMG]

i suppose there's always the option of buying apple's universal dock and using a different ipod's insert to ensure the iphone w/case would fit. and i guess when i do upgrade my santa rosa MBP with a new one, i could use this remote.
    [​IMG]

what are good options that can be used with a case? I would like something white, but I suppose it doesn't have to be.

thanks!

2. chrbau macrumors member

3. mdwsta4 thread starter macrumors 65816

4. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

Any dock that accepts the Apple Universal Dock Insert will work. Without an insert, the opening is more than big enough. I used to dock my 2G iPhone in the Griffin Simplifi dock with no problems. :)

P.S. I scored a PowerDock for $25 on Amazon last week, and it rocks.