Preferred iPod family

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Dagless, Jul 4, 2007.

?

Preffered iPod

1. Full size

34 vote(s)
    57.6%
  2. Mini/Nano

15 vote(s)
    25.4%
  3. Shuffle

6 vote(s)
    10.2%
  4. Phone

4 vote(s)
    6.8%
  1. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Just out of sheer curiosity.

I've had one of them all now and mine are the Shuffles, just because they're unobtrusive and have a very long battery life.

2. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

i have a 5g vid now, but i have always been one for the minis. not the nanos, too small for me. minis were the perfect size! wish they would have kept them going for a bit

3. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

I'm a full size guy. I have a relatively large library (at the moment about 26GB and always growing) and I frankly need the capacity. I like having the ability to carry my entire library with me as well as a nice larger screen, even if it is slightly less portable than say a Nano.

4. furcalchick macrumors 68020

furcalchick

nanos are the perfect size, like the design of the 1st gen better than the second, not really into the mini look, looks kiddy, the first ones were classy, like a shrunken version of the flagships. perfect for a day out, more than a days worth of music, and small enough not to notice. also love the flash drive, perfect for running.

5. Lau Guest

My nano's amazing – small, shockproof, plenty big enough capacity-wise. I wish they still had the black and white screens, though, as I thought the simplicity and typography on them was a bit of a classic.

[​IMG]

6. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

I'm torn between the nano and the full size iPod – but I think I'd have to pick the latter. I like having all my music on me, plus my iPod gets a lot of use as a storage device to transport files and stuff between work and home. The extra capacity seals it for me.

EDIT: Lau – my iPod is one of the old 3G ones, so I get to enjoy the vintage monochrome typeographic goodness. :)

7. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

That's why I got an 80gb model, it almost stores my entire iTunes library (films & TV shows et al). Feels great having complete access to all your music and have playlists mirrored etc.

8. walangij macrumors 6502

I love the mini/nano. Even though I currently only have the full size iPod, I miss the smaller one, especially when exercising, a perfect size, great integration, plus I use playlists like none other so I don't need my whole library of music.

Edit, oh yeah the 30GB is great for the car, perfect size, but I need to reintegrate and that costs money, soon though!

9. Edandlindz28 macrumors regular

I like having one for all needs, in the car 30GB, for the work out: wife uses Nano w/ Nike and I use a shuffle (hate running).

10. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I'm pretty sure that I'll be using the iPhone as my main iPod when I get it. That'll be because it will always be in my pocket and it will also mean one less thing to carry around.

11. Tom B. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

I voted shuffle, because it's the one I use the most. I just love that clip!
    I only use my iPod 5G for watching video podcasts, but it's almost permanently sitting in my iPod Hi-Fi. And I use my 8GB nano for general listening on-the-go when i want to listen to a particular album or playlist.

12. pjarvi macrumors 65816

pjarvi

I have a 1st gen Shuffle (1GB) and a 5th gen Video (60GB). My preference is the Shuffle. Since the control surface is raised I find it easier to use without looking, and I prefer pressing a button to change volume levels rather than sliding a finger along a control surface. With the video iPod I tend to accidentally change the volume when I don't mean to.

I rarely ever fill up the Shuffle either, I just load a short playlist of songs I feel in the mood for. The only thing I don't like about the Shuffle is it won't play all of the songs I've purchased off of iTunes. There are a few songs, that when the Shuffle gets to them, it just freezes. I'm not the only one with the problem, but Apple hasn't done anything to address it. Not sure if it affects 2nd gen Shuffles. The songs playback fine on the Video iPod and in iTunes, so it's only a problem with the Shuffle.

13. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

I like the 1/2/3G iPods. I have never been a big fan of the click wheel.

The Mini was OK, but the Nano is too small, and the 4/5/5.5 just don't "do it" for me. Bring back the retro style of the iBooks, G4 Macs, and original iPods please :D

14. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

The 3G was my first iPod and still probably my favorite. I liked having the lit buttons and having them separate from the wheel.

15. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

While I would normally think first of the Video iPod, I must admit (at least to myself) that I usually use my G2 Shuffle, so it is the Shuffle that got my vote. Great little device.

16. 1020 macrumors regular

I own a 5G 30 gig iPod. The screen is nice but I would prefer a smaller device. My next purchase will probably be a nano or a shuffle, unless the next video iPod is flash-based.

17. papadopolis1024 macrumors 6502

I own a mini and its ok but I would rather have something that could hold my entire library... this will do me for now but I used to have a nano but then traded withen the family for the mini (i was feeling nice) and would like to go back to that.... but I would also like video.... just so I could have all the episodes of the office on me (I already bought them) so I am hoping the nanos get a boost of memory not video cause the screen is just to small but 16 GBs would be awesome...